Forums Horror Movie News
The Very Latest On The Next HALLOWEEN Film Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

It wasn’t that long ago that legendary director John Carpenter revealed that the next incarnation of Michael Myers’ story will be penned by the writing team of David Gordon Green and Danny McBride.

Green shares the co-scripting duties with McBride, with Green also in the director chair for the reboot. Carpenter, who directed the 1978 original, is executive producing the project and could possibly score the film.

With McBride starring in the upcoming ALIEN: COVENANT film, he has been promoting that movie heavily, and recently appeared on the Empire Podcast. When asked about the HALLOWEEN franchise replying:

“Look at where the Halloween franchise has gone. There's a lot of room for improvement (laughs). David and I are coming from it as, we are horror fans, and we are humongous fans of John Carpenter and of what he did with the original Halloween, so I think from watching this and being disappointed by other versions of this series, I think we're just trying to strip it down and just take it back to what was so good about the original. It was just very simple and just achieved that level of horror that wasn't corny and it wasn't turning Michael Myers into some supernatural being that couldn't be killed. That stuff to me isn't scary, I want to be scared by something that I really think could happen. I think it's much more horrifying to be scared by someone standing in the shadows while you're taking the trash out as opposed to someone who can't be killed pursuing you.”

McBride went on to talk about he and David Gordon Green’s new take:

“So we worked for about three weeks on our take of what we would do, because we weren't even sure if we wanted to do it. I'm the same way, I'll be the first person to go online and bitch about someone rebooting something, like "why are you doing this?" So for us, we were like we have to make sure that this is something we actually would want to see or else it's not worth doing. We came up with a take that we thought was cool, and then we actually went and pitched to John Carpenter, and he loved it, he was into it. It was like insane to have his seal of approval and to have him respond to where we were talking about taking Michael Myers next.”

It truly will be interesting to see just what this new HALLOWEEN movie will bring. We will continue to keep you updated.

The project is currently scheduled to arrive into theaters on October 19th 2018.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 5/13/2017 at 03:00 PM | 104892