Forums Off Topic
"THE DARK KNIGHT" released in theaters January 23, 2009

Warner Bros has officially announced their plans to rerelease The Dark Knight in movie theaters starting on January 23rd, 2009. No details are given to the exact amount of screens, but the rerelease guarantees the film will finally cross the $1 billion mark. The film has grossed over $996 million worldwide and $530 million domestically. The film would require $70 million to overtake Titanic as the biggest film in United States history, and currently ts at the #4 spot on the worldwide charts.
DaShape Friday 12/05/2008 at 06:51 AM | 26989
I really hope it does take the cake as top film. Crappy movie like Titanic has been tting high and mighty for far to long.
Count Dragula Friday 12/05/2008 at 09:16 AM | 27003
^^^ Agreed, bring the big boat down and put the bat on the top!
Evildsm Friday 12/05/2008 at 03:37 PM | 27036
I hear that the rerelease will also have a few extra minutes of footage, which will be nice incentive for people to see it again.

I know I saw it 7 times.

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/05/2008 at 03:39 PM | 27037
Extra footage? SWEET!

Do you know if it will be on IMAX as well?
Count Dragula Saturday 12/06/2008 at 08:56 AM | 27221
^^^ Agreed, bring the big boat down and put the bat on the top

hmmmmm, ya know Im pretty sure that big boat did go down.
krueger4653 Saturday 12/06/2008 at 04:27 PM | 27241
If there is indeed extra footage, I'll conder seeing it again. Otherwise no... I saw it twice on the big screen and definitely had my fill. Plus everyone and their moms will have the DVD by then.
Myers31TKD Saturday 12/06/2008 at 08:53 PM | 27257
I finally saw it for the first time yesterday and ended up watching it a few times actually...gotta love kids...kept misng parts...lol

I really liked it...much better the batman begins. I can see now why everyone I talk to raves about keith ledgers preformance as the joker. He really did make the whole movie. Now that I have the DVD though I definately wouldn't go see it in the theater when it's rereleased. I hate the movie theater

kweandee Saturday 12/20/2008 at 01:21 AM | 28754
I hate the movie theater

Am I getting old? I'm beginning to hate theatres too...

I say nk the Titanic
kaizu Saturday 12/20/2008 at 01:32 AM | 28755
I say nk the Titanic

LOL...
kweandee Saturday 12/20/2008 at 01:57 AM | 28761
Sorry to rain on the parade here, but now Warner Brothers is really starting to piss me off.

Before I start, I'd like to say that this has absolutely nothing to do with The Dark Knight.

It was an incredible film, definitely in the top ten of the past several years, so I'm in no way bashing it.

The thing that pisses me off is that Warner Brothers is "re-releang" a film that on this very day can probably still be seen in dollar theaters around the country.

Now on top of remake after remake, we're going to be given a re-release of a movie that just left my local theater a few months ago!

Hey Warner Brothers, how about releang Trick 'r Treat for fucks sake!

I promise if you release this movie instead of releang The Dark Knight AGAIN, I'll pay to see it four times to help you recoup any losses you may garner from this radical move.

This one's for you WB! Sorry, just had to let that rant out.

I feel much better now.

gummi Saturday 12/20/2008 at 09:56 AM | 28833
Sorry, just had to let that rant out.

I feel much better now.Good...lol
kweandee Saturday 12/20/2008 at 01:33 PM | 28844
hmmmm I have mixed feelings about this.Not to shit on it but, I saw the movie twice and was def not impressed. Although im not a super hero movie buff, I wanted to give it a chance. There was so much ranting and raving about how insane and brutal Heath Leger was in this film, NOT! Dont get me wrong he played a good role, but he wasnt crazy enough for me, we all know there have been nuttier roles played out there. To me good ole Jack played a much better joker in the original batman, he was also smart about it and took the revenues instead of a salary and gained 60 million from it. The fact they want to re-release it is just dumb. I would rather see so many other good movies from the past get redone and shown again on the big screen. All this to beat a ship? Next thing we know the movie industry will need a"bailout" because they didnt re-release enough movies to make money to survive.
Swimming~In~Blood Sunday 12/21/2008 at 01:42 PM | 28957
To me good ole Jack played a much better joker in the original batman

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Jack did play a good joker but he didnt really tap into the insanity of the joker. He was more like your crazy uncle that gets drunk at the family christmas party and falls out the door. I think Heath Ledger did a fantastic job of showing that the joker is so insane that he's a genius.
krueger4653 Sunday 12/21/2008 at 03:34 PM | 28963
To me good ole Jack played a much better joker in the original batman

I'm gonna have to disagree with you there. Jack did play a good joker but he didnt really tap into the insanity of the joker. He was more like your crazy uncle that gets drunk at the family christmas party and falls out the door. I think Heath Ledger did a fantastic job of showing that the joker is so insane that he's a genius.

thats your opinion and you are entitled to it but i just dont see how he was so insane, or what stuck out more than other crazy roles...
Swimming~In~Blood Sunday 12/21/2008 at 04:50 PM | 28972
the movie was ok but thats it just ok im glad i didnt pay to see it

ledgers constant lip smacking annoyed the crap out of me and the movie was too long

but this is one mans opinion

put star wars back on top where it belongs!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Sunday 12/21/2008 at 05:50 PM | 28978
put star wars back on top where it belongs

AMEN, AMEN, AMEN!!!!!!
DaShape Sunday 12/21/2008 at 05:57 PM | 28980
Star Wars can go down with the ship. Put the Bat on top.
Count Dragula Sunday 12/21/2008 at 10:45 PM | 29009
I dont think star wars should be at the top anymore.

Bring it down....

Out with the old and in with the new!
Evildsm Monday 12/22/2008 at 05:42 PM | 29092