Forums Horror Movie Talk
"THEY LIVE" remake?!?!

From themovieblog:

One of the ultimate “hell yeah let’s kick some ass” movies I ever watched as a young kid was the legendary Rowdy Roddy Piper in “They Live“. That movie had not only one of the very best macho fight scenes in film history… it also had some incredible one liners that could only come forth from the mouth of the Rowdy one himself.

The idea of the movie is a mple one. Aliens are controling humanity and walk among us in disguise. Through fate, Piper comes across a special set of glasses that allows him to see the Aliens as they truly are… so he can tell who is an alien and who isn’t. Then the ass kicking begins!

Well… it appears that Universal is keen on remaking They Live. According to The folks over at Movieweb the studio is already putting things in motion. As of right now there is no writer or director attached.

I’m all for remakes in general… but man I don’t know. This is one of those times where the remake is going to have a hard time feeling right if the old lead guy isn’t there. A “They Live” movie without Rowdy Roddy Piper???? Hard to imagine. Oh well… I’ll keep an open mind and see how things develop.

Oh man I would be so game for this, I wouldn't even care if it sucked or not . . . I LOVE the original and I think a remake would just be good old fashion fun at the movies.
DaShape Friday 12/05/2008 at 07:18 AM | 26995
Probably have Dwayne "The Rock" Johnson play the Rowdy Piper character. It better not be Steve Austin.
SithLord Friday 12/05/2008 at 09:00 AM | 27000
I think they would have Mark Walburg play the lead.

He does everything that nobody else wants to do. hahah
Evildsm Friday 12/05/2008 at 03:40 PM | 27038
I think it would be cool, especially if they expanded on it a bit.

That story always resonated with me, and the images were stunning in B&W... very oppresve and almost Communist.

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/05/2008 at 07:43 PM | 27077
DaShape Friday 12/05/2008 at 09:15 PM | 27089
I'm watching the original as we speak...whoever thinks remaking this is a good idea should be kicked in the grapes until they are curled up on the ground begging for mercy...then they should be shot in the head...twice.

lblambert Saturday 12/06/2008 at 11:51 PM | 27262
i agree. this movie is such a clasc i am not sure it needs a remake.
sausagecake Sunday 12/07/2008 at 08:48 PM | 27338
I'm watching the original as we speak...whoever thinks remaking this is a good idea should be kicked in the grapes until they are curled up on the ground begging for mercy...then they should be shot in the head...twice. I would like to retract my support of this remake...effective immediately.

DarkArtist81 Monday 12/08/2008 at 04:54 AM | 27418

From themovieblog:

One of the ultimate “hell yeah let’s kick some ass” movies I ever watched as a young kid was the legendary Rowdy Roddy Piper in “They Live“. That movie had not only one of the very best macho fight scenes in film history… it also had some incredible one liners that could only come forth from the mouth of the Rowdy one himself.

The idea of the movie is a mple one. Aliens are controling humanity and walk among us in disguise. Through fate, Piper comes across a special set of glasses that allows him to see the Aliens as they truly are… so he can tell who is an alien and who isn’t. Then the ass kicking begins!

Well… it appears that Universal is keen on remaking They Live. According to The folks over at Movieweb the studio is already putting things in motion. As of right now there is no writer or director attached.

I’m all for remakes in general… but man I don’t know. This is one of those times where the remake is going to have a hard time feeling right if the old lead guy isn’t there. A “They Live” movie without Rowdy Roddy Piper???? Hard to imagine. Oh well… I’ll keep an open mind and see how things develop.

Oh man I would be so game for this, I wouldn't even care if it sucked or not . . . I LOVE the original and I think a remake would just be good old fashion fun at the movies.

Not sure about this...

Time will tell, but you know, remakes used to be bad...
LÜCKMANN Monday 12/08/2008 at 11:52 AM | 27452