Forums Horror Movie News
Big News On The SPAWN Reboot!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

1992 saw the launch of Image Comics' Spawn from creator Todd McFarlane. The very first issue became an instant collectible in the early 90's. 1997 brought us the feature film SPAWN which starred Michael Jai White and John Leguizamo.

There has been talk of a SPAWN reboot for a good while now and Todd McFarlane previously said that he wanted to use practical effects and also wanted to try for an R rating.

Just recently we learned that McFarlane Films is partnering with Jason Blum and Blumhouse Productions.

With a lot questions now on the table for the upcoming SPAWN reboot, McFarlane has been tasked with a lot of explaining as he tells Comicbook.com in regards to Jamie Foxx possibly still being involved in the project:

“Yeah a couple approached me. Those are still on the table, and I just recently signed with CAA, the largest and biggest talent agency in Hollywood, so they've got lots of talent that they will sort of start pushing and funneling towards it if they think that the roles are there.”

On the characters Twitch and Spawn:

“There's two big roles in the script. There's obviously sort of Spawn himself, although in a weird way it's not the biggest role, and then there's the cop. The cop is this character Twitch who's been there since issue #1. Twitch is the role in this one, and I sort of refer to him as my sheriff Brody, who is the sheriff in the Jaws movie. Although it was called Jaws, Jaws didn't really talk a lot in his movie, right? He just kind of showed up at the opportune time to make the movie worthwhile.”

On how SPAWN and JAWS compare:

“It might not seem it, but Jaws and Spawn have a great deal in common, at least from a point of view standpoint.

It was sheriff Brody, the humans talking, chasing the fantastical thing that sort of made the movie, and to me, there's that element. Everything else is normal in this story other than (gesture) the shadow moves, and at times even when it moves, the cop just sort of thinks he's losing his mind so he doesn't even trust that the shadow's moving. If you're a bad guy, then this thing is going to come and it's going to get you.”

He went on to speak about Kevin Smith’s SAM & TWITCH series:

“We're developing Sam and Twitch over at BBC America that Kevin Smith is attached to. Hopefully, they'll sign off on that and he's going to write and direct all that.”

This new SPAWN approach could make for a great film. Only time will tell as to what will happen with it. We will continue to bring you more on this story as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 7/24/2017 at 06:27 PM | 105050