Forums Horror Movie News
Update On The Remake Of AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON Within!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

John Landis' 1981 movie AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON is considered a classic and rightfully so. It contains one of the most brilliant werewolf transformation scenes to ever have been captured on film. Rick Baker's creative genius was exercised in order to pull of the ordeal resulting in practical effects heaven.

We learned back in November that Max Landis, son of original director John Landis will be writing and directing the remake of AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON.

Max Landis was recently asked about AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON in an interview with Kevin Smith. Landis revealed:

“I'm gonna write it and I think I'm gonna direct it. I like the script I wrote, you know? I'm halfway through it right now, I hope it turns out great. I promise you nothing. My new gimmick as a public figure is, I promise you nothing!”

In that same interview, Landis went on to say that he and his father have spoken several times about the project as he works on it.

Landis also acknowledges that the remake may never actually be made as things like that happen all of the time. Regardless of that possibility, he is continuing to pour his passion into the project.

Universal Pictures is developing the project along with Landis who has some writing credits to his name but only one feature length directing credit with last year's ME HIM HER.

Original synopsis:

"David (David Naughton) and Jack (Griffin Dunne), two American college students, are backpacking through Britain when a large wolf attacks them. David survives with a bite, but Jack is brutally killed. As David heals in the hospital, he's plagued by violent nightmares of his mutilated friend, who warns David that he is becoming a werewolf. When David discovers the horrible truth, he contemplates committing suicide before the next full moon causes him to transform from man to murderous beast."

We will continue to bring you more on the remake of AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN LONDON as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 8/13/2017 at 05:17 AM | 105143