Forums Horror Movie News
Big News For GREMLINS 3!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Back in 1984 the Horror comedy GREMLINS hit the scene. The film was released by Warner Bros, directed by Joe Dante, and executive produced by Steven Spielberg. It has a brilliant angle as the story follows a young man who receives a strange creature called a mogwai as a pet, which then spawns other creatures who transform into small, destructive, evil monsters. Then in 1990 Dante also directed the sequel, GREMLINS 2: THE NEW BATCH.

Now in the present day, a new GREMLINS film has been taking shape as Warner Bros has a new script to play with. The original film was written by Christopher Columbus.

As progress continues to happen on a third GREMLINS film, Columbus spoke with /Film and had this to say about GREMLINS 3:

“I’m really proud of the script. It is as twisted and dark as anything, so we’ll see. It’s always a budgetary conversation when we’re going to shoot it. I wanted to go back to the really twisted sensibility of the first movie. I found that was a very easy place for me to fall back into and start writing again so hopefully we’ll see that movie soon. “

Columbus commented on practical effects versus CGI:

“Oh, without a doubt, minimal CGI. CGI will enable us to remove wires and make the puppeteers lives a little easier. It was brutal. It was like a marathon every night for those guys. In the bar scene alone there were 18 [or] 20 people behind the bar. No one had any space to move. It was just hellish for those guys so CGI will simplify that a little bit but it’s all puppets.”

He went on to talk about Gizmo possibly dying in the film:

“That comes up in the movie, certainly. I think it probably is a good idea to be honest with you. Too many people are dying.”

We will continue to follow the progress of GREMLINS 3 and continue to keep you up to date.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 8/17/2017 at 04:22 AM | 105153