Forums Horror Movie News
Major News On The Timeline Of The Upcoming HALLOWEEN Movie!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The world of Horror rejoiced not long ago as the upcoming HALLOWEEN film from Blumhouse had acquired none other than the original Laurie Strode herself, Jamie Lee Curtis. We also learned that Judy Greer is likely to play Strode’s daughter. Director David Gordon Green and his writing partner Danny McBride ready for to create their new vision that is John Carpenter approved.

With filming set to begin very soon on the new HALLOWEEN film, John Carpenter himself has dropped some heavy news in regards to the upcoming movie’s timeline as he recently was a guest on Stereo Gum.

In regards to his involvement with Jamie Lee’s casting and timeline:

“She talked to the director. Her part was written into the script and they had this idea — it’s kind of a… I don’t know how to describe it. It’s almost an alternative reality. It picks up after the first one and it pretends that none of the other [sequels] were made. It’s gonna be fun. There’s a really talented director and it was well-written. I’m impressed.”
On possibly scoring HALLOWEEN (2018):

“Sure. I’d like to do [the score]. I’ve worked with them a little bit on the script. I’m just around to be a cheerleader for everybody.”
HALLOWEEN (2018) synopsis:

“Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.”

Danny McBride previously said of the new project:

“It’s not a reboot, it’s not gonna be a rehash. It’s a continuation of Michael Myers – where we’re choosing to continue it from, you’ll have to see when the movie comes out. I’d already seen all these movies but I’ve really been studying them now, and just thinking about all the people that have been hired to make a Michael Myers movie. Just trying to avoid any mistakes that those people might’ve made.

The first Halloween is scary as sh*t. And the second Halloween is scary, but not as scary. And then from there, it isn’t as scary. And I really think that what happens with it is that he basically becomes Frankenstein. No matter what anyone hits him with, he’s not gonna die. There’s no suspense.

We’re just trying to play with that. Make him real. Not make him real by giving him some crazy backstory either. Just getting back to the basics. Even the moment that they made Laurie and Michael Myers siblings – it also makes it not quite as scary. So all that kind of stuff to us… those are the things that took an amazing idea and took it somewhere it wasn’t quite as effective.”

Producer Jason Blum has vowed that the new HALLOWEEN film will arrive into theaters on October 19th 2018.

We will continue to bring you more news on HALLOWEEN (2018) as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 10/10/2017 at 04:10 AM | 105270