Forums Horror Collectibles
Plan 9 from Outer Space

Just got a chance to watch this film for the first time over at Fenner's house the other day. What a fantastical piece of crap this film is, lol! I will say this, it was actually entertaining to watch something this bad. To think this movie was actually released. It is a shame this was Bela Lugo last film. Now I am ready to watch Tim Burton's Ed Wood to find out why this film got produced.....

http://i37.tinypic.com/9axx1l.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 12/08/2008 at 06:01 AM | 27430
Get this, AOHELL had a pole a few days ago, listing the top 25 all time greatest SCI-FI movies, and PLAN 9 was in the top 10.
SithLord Monday 12/08/2008 at 07:46 AM | 27439
I love the old 50's and 60's sci fi/horror flicks but truthfully ade from a few standouts (the Day the Earth Stood Still being my fav) most of them were junk and I love them for the nostalgia feeling and campiness.

Plan 9 i think is so popular mply because of Vampira; Bela and Tor Johnson. BooMan is right its actually so bad that its fun to watch.

Funny de note....do any of you guys know who GHOUL A GO GO is? they do a b/w 50's horror dance show for kids thats on public access in the NY area and do the convention circuit. One guy is done up like the Invible Man and the other is a DEAD RINGER for Tor....i mean its uncanny! So a good bud of mine from France was viting and hes a huge horror buff but is kinda overwhelmed when it comes to knowing the history etc. So we're at the CHILLER con and theres the Tor guy (he's dressed to look like him too).......Im like "Frenchie...theres Tor Johnson!!!!".......he got this wide eyed high school girl look and made a few grunts and proceeded to wobble over to him (frenchie has a strange walk) to ask for a pic. I had to dive in front and stop us from being mortified. I never thought hed actually think this was the REAL Tor!!!! anyway i guess you had to be there
ny ghoul Monday 12/08/2008 at 12:43 PM | 27453
That movie is Hilarious

Ed Wood was a nice flick
kaizu Monday 12/08/2008 at 05:26 PM | 27476
Just as "CITIZEN KANE" is critically condered the greatest film of all time, so is "PLAN 9 FROM OUTERSPACE" critically condered the worst film of all time.

This movie is probably the most shinning example of "CAMPY" film you can find out there.

I'm glad I could introduce this clasc to Justin and steal an hour and 20 minutes of his life

DaShape Thursday 12/11/2008 at 06:27 AM | 27816
I love the old 50's and 60's sci fi/horror flicks but truthfully ade from a few standouts (the Day the Earth Stood Still being my fav) most of them were junk and I love them for the nostalgia feeling and campiness.

Exactly! I love these movies as well and for the same reason. They're the cinematic equivalent of junk food...not good at all but a lot of fun.
lblambert Friday 12/12/2008 at 12:28 AM | 27901
It's Ed Wood movie? Makes me curious now. Have to find it, just don't know the translated name...
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/12/2008 at 11:06 AM | 27962
It's Ed Wood movie? Makes me curious now. Have to find it, just don't know the translated name...

It's directed by Tim Burton and stars Johnny Depp as Ed Wood.
DaShape Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:40 PM | 27993

It's directed by Tim Burton and stars Johnny Depp as Ed Wood. that movie is so far off of what ed wood was really like and how some of the things happened

luckman if you have trouble finding plan nine from outer space look up its alternate title graverobbers from outer space
Johnny Bisco Sunday 12/21/2008 at 04:18 PM | 28969
That movie is Hilarious

Ed Wood was a nice flick

Agreed!Plan 9 is very funny to watch, so bad...it's good. And Ed Wood is also a great film, Johnny did a great job in that... And the Bela scenes were gold.

DarkArtist81 Tuesday 12/30/2008 at 03:37 AM | 30042