Forums Horror Collectibles
The Wolf Man and Frankenstein meets The Wolf Man

I just got a double DVD with two clascs, very commented here, "The Wolf Man" and "Frankenstein Meets the Wolf Man", both with Bela Lugo and Lon Chaney. Dude, I didn't think that clasc movies could be so nice to see. Even B&W it's incridible! I was like "OMG, they had a productive imagination in 40s and 50s! Look at this make-up effect!" The "Frankenstein..." I thought is the best of them. Very cool make-up, nice visual effects from the outde castle and the dam, the machines on dr. Frankenstein lab... Everything is very detailed on it. Both films have a bit more than 70 minutes each, but anyway with great stories, that today we have in piles... I could confirm that they didn't take advantage of the talent oif Bela Lugo, as they did in Dracula, and why Lon Chaney is so venerated. Bela does little participations on both movies, but his name appears in big letters on casting list. A huge mistake, I said. If Bela had showed all his power on both movies, they could be better than they really are. Now talking about Lon Chaney, he is a master! He did the Wolf Man looks very real, confirming what many says about beeing a great actor too. But I'm happy with this purchang, and really changing my mind about the clasc genre.

- Glauco -
LÜCKMANN Monday 12/08/2008 at 06:31 PM | 27485
me and my dad had all but 5 of the original universal horror movies on vhs, do you know if they'll release them en masse on dvd or if they're stopping with the few that they have?
ironblade87 Saturday 12/26/2009 at 01:19 PM | 59557