Forums Off Topic
I Get No Respect...

What are some of those good horror films that don't get the attention they deserve? Post those movies here.

Here are just a few off the top of my head.

The Wicker Man (1973)- I think the original "The Wicker Man" is underappreciated for as good of a film as it was. Although slightly off-beat, I found the story to be very compelling.

Deep Red (1975)- My favorite film by Dario Argento. It's got all of his trademark elements... including a kickass score by Goblin.

Slither (2006)- Very interesting and funny, I thought. One of the better horror/comedies I've seen. Pays homage to the old 80's flicks.

I'm interested to hear your opinions.

;)
Myers31TKD Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 12:39 AM | 27597
What are some of those good horror films that don't get the attention they deserve? Post those movies here.

Here are just a few off the top of my head.

The Wicker Man (1973)- I think the original "The Wicker Man" is underappreciated for as good of a film as it was. Although slightly off-beat, I found the story to be very compelling.

Deep Red (1975)- My favorite film by Dario Argento. It's got all of his trademark elements... including a kickass score by Goblin.

Slither (2006)- Very interesting and funny, I thought. One of the better horror/comedies I've seen. Pays homage to the old 80's flicks.

I'm interested to hear your opinions.

The original Wicker Man?

Really?

I couldn't help but laugh through half that movie . . . especially when the children are dancing and nging.

Maybe I should watch it through again.

Haven't seen Deep Red, I'll try and check it out.

Now I 100% agree about "Slither".

I LOVED this movie!
DaShape Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 12:44 AM | 27599
The original Wicker Man?

Really?

I couldn't help but laugh through half that movie . . . especially when the children are dancing and nging.

Maybe I should watch it through again.

Haven't seen Deep Red, I'll try and check it out.

Now I 100% agree about "Slither".

I LOVED this movie

The Wicker Man is indeed a strange one... maybe it's an acquired taste. I don't know. I liked the atmosphere and thought that the idea of an entire community of people being against someone, knowing something he didn't was awesome. I've always been one for conspiracy type films anyways... (Invaon Of The Body Snatchers... that kind of thing).
Myers31TKD Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 12:54 AM | 27601
I'll agree with 2 out of 3...Deep Red is a great movie and I also throughly enjoyed the original Wicker Man. I guess I just didn't get Slither.

Another great horror flick most people have never heard of is Rituals.
lblambert Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 02:09 AM | 27613
Wickerman is so wicked and surreal and funny at the same time

I think it's a clasc

Deep Red is one Argento's best imo

Great suspense,shocking scenes, and mystery! It's like a blue print for the modern day slasher film. H1/H2 owes alot to this film

And yes, the awesome score by Goblin
kaizu Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 09:23 AM | 27634
I'm really interested in hearing some other opinions on what other movies you conder to be underrated or overlooked. If you can think of any, post them here.
Myers31TKD Saturday 12/13/2008 at 02:25 AM | 28050
I haven't seen Wicker Man or Deep Red, but Slither rocked.. I love that film.
DarkArtist81 Saturday 12/13/2008 at 04:55 AM | 28059
The Burning ....Tom Savini doing his best!The killer was scary!Nice campy suspense

Phenomena....The killer,who shows his face at the end, looked so cheesy it blew me away Nice fantasy flick with mysteryDonald Pleasence plays supporting roleThe Iron Maiden score and the whole movie score

TCM2 ...Tobe Hooper is directing it Extremely funny Had the best characters in the franchise

ROTLD 3....The movie is pathetic but Mindy Clarke plays the ultimate zombie chick
kaizu Saturday 12/13/2008 at 11:44 AM | 28071
I'll go with the Night of the Living Dead remake that Savini did back in the early 90's. A lot of people were upset to see that be remade but I thought it was a great flick. I watched that thing over and over again back in the day....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 12/13/2008 at 10:39 PM | 28101
Some of Argento's movies can tend to be underappreciated but his status in horror lore is set in stone. So Im going to go more for some of the little guys and mid range guys:

DEATH DREAM dir by Bob Clark....EERIE ck movie thats a commentary on Vietnam. I think its Savini's first horror film.

BLUE SUNSHINE..Jeff Lieberman.....CREEPY as all get out! the scene where the dude busts into the house near the beginning is scary!

CHILDREN SHOULDNT PLAY WITH DEAD THINGS....another Bob CLark gem! an early entry into the zombie genre

THE LIVING DEAD AT MANCHESTER MORGUE ...by Jorge Grau. English zombie flick from 1974.

Some others that deserve more respect imo are DONT ANSWER THE PHONE; ALIEN PREY; MACABRE; and the uber awesome The HOUSE ON SORORITY ROW.
ny ghoul Sunday 12/14/2008 at 03:06 AM | 28121