Forums Horror Movie News
Jason Blum Gives His Thoughts On Early Cut Of New HALLOWEEN Film!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Jamie Lee Curtis returns to her iconic role as Laurie Strode, who comes to her final confrontation with Michael Myers, the masked figure who has haunted her since she narrowly escaped his killing spree on Halloween night four decades ago.

Master of Horror John Carpenter is executive producing and serving as creative consultant on this film, joining forces with cinema’s current leading producer of Horror, Jason Blum. Inspired by Carpenter’s classic, filmmakers David Gordon Green and Danny McBride crafted a story that carves a new path from the events in the landmark 1978 film, and Green also directs.

With filming having wrapped on the upcoming HALLOWEEN movie back in February, producer Jason Blum has already watched an early cut of the film that was quickly edited by director David Gordon Green.

Blum spoke with Digital Spy and offered his opinion on the early cut of the Halloween film saying:

“I FEEL REALLY GOOD ABOUT IT, I SAW A CUT OF IT TWO NIGHTS AGO. I THINK DAVID DID A TERRIFIC JOB … HE DID EVERYTHING I HOPED HE WOULD DO WHICH IS RESPECT THE DNA OF THE FRANCHISE AND BRING SOMETHING TOTALLY NEW TO IT AND WE’RE REALLY VERY VERY EXCITED FOR PEOPLE TO SEE IT.”
That is great news for sure, knowing that Jason Blum is Happy with what he saw. He also had some nice things to say about working with John Carpenter.

“THE MOST FUN I HAD WITH HIM IS I BROUGHT HIM TO THE SET, AND I WAS ON THE SET WITH HIM AND JAMIE LEE CURTIS, AND BOY THAT WAS PRETTY SPECIAL, PRETTY AMAZING. IT WAS A PROPER REUNION.”

The new HALLOWEEN will be produced by Malek Akkad, whose Trancas International Films has produced the HALLOWEEN series since its inception. Green and McBride will executive produce under their Rough House Pictures banner.

Judy Greer will play Strode’s daughter Karen, with actress Andi Matichak in line to play the granddaughter of Laurie Strode named Allyson. As mentioned above, the man that played Michael Myers/The Shape in the original film, Nick Castle, will be reprising the role in the new HALLOWEEN sequel. Rob Niter and Will Patton will play officers of the law, and Rhian Rees is said to play a character in the movie named Dana.

Other cast members include Virginia Gardner, Miles Robbins, Dylan Arnold, and Drew Scheid as Allyson's classmates. Diva Tyler will play a caretaker.

The new HALLOWEEN film is set to hit theaters on October 19, 2018.

We will continue to keep you updated on all things HALLOWEEN.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 4/15/2018 at 03:00 AM | 105666