Forums Off Topic
ObamaStock '09

So a friend of mine (who's a veteran of predential inaugurations - been to the past 4 in D.C.) messaged me today saying he's leaving town for Obama's Inaug.

He actually works in downtown D.C. and gave me the heads up about a meeting he was in with the head of homeland security yesterday.

Pretty much it's going to be really spooky to say the least.

"5 million people, 250,000 tickets. 10,000 police, no food, water, concesons, chairs. Bad weather, and a National Mall that holds only about 3 million for the Capitol Steps to Abe's lap and a METROrail with a capacity of 2 million per DAY. Plus, the portajohns now outnumber everything else downtown."

He made a good point too, he said all it takes is one nut to try and start a riot and things could get REALLY bad.
DaShape Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 06:37 PM | 27668
That's crazy. A crap-load of people in a small place is never a good idea. I hope for the sake of all Americans nothing bad happens. We'll be watching from Canada!
strangerathome Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 06:49 PM | 27671
"5 million people, 250,000 tickets. 10,000 police, no food, water, concesons, chairs. Bad weather, and a National Mall that holds only about 3 million for the Capitol Steps to Abe's lap and a METROrail with a capacity of 2 million per DAY. Plus, the portajohns now outnumber everything else downtown."

He made a good point too, he said all it takes is one nut to try and start a riot and things could get REALLY bad.

I don't like to say it but ten to one there will be rioting...all of that spells nothing but chaos. I hope nothing bad happens

kweandee Tuesday 12/09/2008 at 09:05 PM | 27674
That's crazy. A crap-load of people in a small place is never a good idea. I hope for the sake of all Americans nothing bad happens. We'll be watching from Canada

Ohhhh no! Not another Canadian around here!

I am going to have to keep a close eye on you and Yukon Lee to make sure no lly Canadian stuff goes on around here.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 12:24 AM | 27689
I hope nothing tragic goes down, that certainly doesn't sound like a place I would want to be either.

DarkArtist81 Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 03:02 AM | 27705
That's crazy. A crap-load of people in a small place is never a good idea. I hope for the sake of all Americans nothing bad happens. We'll be watching from Canada

Ohhhh no! Not another Canadian around here!

I am going to have to keep a close eye on you and Yukon Lee to make sure no lly Canadian stuff goes on around here.LOL! We're just "observers", watching over our American couns

No lly "Canadian Stuff" 'round here, my friend!

strangerathome Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 04:13 AM | 27712
why do you guys think something bad would go down??? Am I misng something?
ny ghoul Wednesday 12/10/2008 at 01:32 PM | 27740
What?

Where is going to have a riot??

Who said God bless Canada??
LÜCKMANN Thursday 12/11/2008 at 02:09 PM | 27844