Forums Horror Movie News
Bill Skarsgard Talks About Playing Pennywise In IT: CHAPTER 2!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

The success of Andy Muschietti’s first installment of Stephen King’s IT was above and beyond expectations. The director gears up for IT: CHAPTER 2 as the film will begin shooting this summer. Some of the new names already cast for the movie are Jessica Chastai, James McAvoy, Bill Hader, James Ransone, Andy Bean, and Jay Ryan as the adult Loser's Club.

The man that plays Pennywise the clown Bill Skarsgard recently spoke with Den of Geek about IT: CHAPTER 2 and had some things to say about returning as the iconic character.

On making his return as Pennywise:

“We're gearing up for it now, so I'm sort of in the process of getting back into that character of Pennywise. I’m sort of in the mindset and we're gearing up for it. I think they start in July. I'm not sure exactly when my start date is, but sometime this summer.”

He spoke of the script and the evolution of the character:

“We're figuring it out, you know... I have a very good relationship with Andy, not only as a director and actor but also just as a very close friend, so we're having fun with it and we're figuring out what we're going to bring to the table for part two.”

Skarsgard talked about the adult cast of The Loser’s Club:

“It's going to be a very different experience this time around, just given the fact that you have all of these incredible, seasoned actors to play against, as opposed to having all the kids. So it's going to be a different experience for sure.”

IT: CHAPTER 2 will arrive in theaters September 6th, 2019.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 6/02/2018 at 02:42 AM | 105768