Forums Off Topic
a fire sale???????????????????

im seriously condereing selling all my masks all this hobby has done is cause me grief and i think its time to move on........................
Johnny Bisco Thursday 12/11/2008 at 01:36 AM | 27787
Bisco, whats up man??? What happened?

--Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 12/11/2008 at 02:22 AM | 27793
Johnny man. Just take a step back for awhile. But don't leave. That'll suck major moose nuts man. I could see selling stuff because of the economy, but I wouldn't leave this place. You're a fixture here.

SithLord Thursday 12/11/2008 at 02:28 AM | 27794
all this hobby has done is cause me grief and ruined my relationships im done being the geeky fool
Johnny Bisco Thursday 12/11/2008 at 02:28 AM | 27795
What's going on JB?

Every collecting hobby can overwhelm you at times.

There have been many times I've looked at all my "stuff" and felt the same way.

In the end it's only objects.

Sometimes you have to step back, look at the big picture, and decide what your collection means to you.

The way I see it, if I wasn't collecting masks, I'd be spending my money on something else.
Snoballz Thursday 12/11/2008 at 02:33 AM | 27796
dont get me wrong ill never leave horrorbid, not gonna happenbut im done with the hobby aspect, it has ruined EVERY relationship i have ever been in
Johnny Bisco Thursday 12/11/2008 at 03:03 AM | 27801
Hey Bisco I fully hear where your coming from. I used to live and breath car audio and did it full time as my job and hobby. Towards the end I almost lost everything I condered my heart. I made a bad choice and to make sure it would never happen again I had to step back and ask myself was it gonna be car audio or my life and I remember that decion and hanging up my mechanic gloves and putting away my tools and locking the doors on my tool chest. It was one of the hardest fucking things I ever did. To look into my daughters eyes and hold my fiance is enough for me to know I made the right decion even if I am dead broke at the end of the day. Time has sorted some of the things that went wrong and I promised myself I would finish my project car when the time was right.

I would hate to see you go man but like I said your like a family member here and I will support anything you do.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 12/11/2008 at 03:07 AM | 27802
scott regardless of what happe s ill always be here im not going anywhere i just have to get rid of the parts of my life that casuses me grief
Johnny Bisco Thursday 12/11/2008 at 03:12 AM | 27803
scott regardless of what happe s ill always be here im not going anywhere i just have to get rid of the parts of my life that casuses me grief Right on, I have been there before man.
quietonthesetstudios Thursday 12/11/2008 at 03:34 AM | 27807
scott regardless of what happe s ill always be here im not going anywhere i just have to get rid of the parts of my life that casuses me grief

If your hobby is caung you grief then you're probably doing the right thing. Although, in my opinion, if your hobby is caung you problems then it's no longer a hobby. I don't know if it's just me that's noticed but a lot of mask collectors take it WAY too seriously. Never understood that, it's supposed to be fun and interesting collecting masks, not serious and obsesve!
Sourfacedbastard Thursday 12/11/2008 at 08:46 AM | 27830
Crisco boy loong his goodies?? Can't see that.Man, I'm too really fucked up because some things I bought. My wife is always saying I'm a stupid and how I could spend my money with shits like this. She could be right, and probably is, but what can I do? I love this shit! Well, I'd rather masks and movies than drugs like alcohol and prostitutes. Think twice man. I did something like you are saying a few years ago and today I'm very sorry for that. I can't believe a great guy like you loong relationships because a couple of masks or DVDs... You are better that this, man. C'mon man... Save your stuff, don't throw it to the window... People come and go, but the kind regards will be forever in your head.

AND GET UP THIS EMPTY HEAD, DUDE!!!!

SMILE, IT'S CHRISTMAS!!!!!

Beg a new g/f for Santa, as I did!
LÜCKMANN Thursday 12/11/2008 at 12:16 PM | 27835
I agree with Glauco.

If your hobby is ruining relationships, then I think you need to fish in different waters.

My girlfriend doesn't like them but she knows its one of my pasons and she respects that.

She has her pasons that I am not to fond of either but we compromise.

Dont give up hope man.

I wouldn't pick up a girl for a date wearing a myers mask but if these girls dont respect your pasons then kick them to the curb.

As Glauco said, its a lot better then being a druggy or a cheater.

Keep your head up man.

This is just a phase and it will pass.
Evildsm Thursday 12/11/2008 at 07:34 PM | 27860
I agree with Glauco.

If your hobby is ruining relationships, then I think you need to fish in different waters.

My girlfriend doesn't like them but she knows its one of my pasons and she respects that.

She has her pasons that I am not to fond of either but we compromise.

Dont give up hope man.

I wouldn't pick up a girl for a date wearing a myers mask but if these girls dont respect your pasons then kick them to the curb.

As Glauco said, its a lot better then being a druggy or a cheater.

Keep your head up man.

This is just a phase and it will pass.

Exactly...We talked yesterday about this...listen hun if you want to do this because you feel that this will help better you life and it's really what you want to do then you gotta do what you gotta do but I will say this...your a great person and you shouldn't be made to feel like you have to change yourself or give up something that you love to do because others find fault with it. If whatever girl your with can't support something that is important to you then the problem is not you it's her. that is part of being in a relationship you compromise, you respect the things that your partner loves even if you don't agree with it. There is no reason not to unless it is something dangerous of course or something that seriously interferes with/takes away from the relationship. I think you either need to either look for love elsewhere w/someone that shares the same interest you do or you need to take some time on your own to evaluate what you really want. There is nothing wrong w/being ngle either....less stress :)

But seriously...whatever you do you know we support you. You have to do what you feel is right for you. Just if you up and disappear on us...we'll have to hunt you down and kill you...lol
kweandee Thursday 12/11/2008 at 07:42 PM | 27861
or you can just stay ngle, find friends that are into the same things you are, and enjoy your stuff, and your life.There is no grief and stress if there is no one to cause it. I would never get rid of my shit, not for anyone.No girl is worth long the things you enjoy having around. If you must have a chick in your life , find one that is not a bitch, and enjoys horror as much as you do, then you can both collect.lol....Or just use em for booty calls.In the end, thats really all you need. Love is overrated.
wickedbeard Thursday 12/11/2008 at 08:06 PM | 27865
Bro I have the same shit going on, on my end as well... Maybe not to the same degree, but I catch hell ALL the time from my mother. You need to save your money and stop blowing it on masks... I hear it everyday! Thats when you let it roll in one ear and out the other... I feel as long as I am not broke and I am paying for my own shit and helping out with a few bills, than I am doing my end. I don't ask her for money or bumb off of my relatives. I work my ass off for what little I do make and I feel if I want to enjoy a little bit of it and buy the things that make me happy than I am going to do just that and there is nobody going to change me... I'm a die hard cold blooded Horror Fan and nothing can change that... My girlfriend even gets on me from time to time telling me I have a problem or an obseson and all I can say to her is: Yes I do and I am a collecter... Thats what collecters do. The buy and they collect it... Bisco bud, I would just lay it out as it is and tell whoever is giving you a ruff time to just go to hell! Be hardcore about it and show'em you mean busness. Garunteed they'll either get the idea that it's your pride and joy and leave you be OR they will leave but in the end you arn't going to be getting anymore grief from it! Hope everything works out for the best with whatever you dede! There has been many points stated in this thread and I agree with alot of it, but I have my own opinions on certain parts. I just hope whichever way you dede to go, it works for the best and you are happy with whatever dicion you make!

Look at it this way... If it's not the Horror Collection it's going to be something else! MOST girls are never happy until they own your ass, so you may as well either tell'em where to go or give it up...

Stay with the Darkde bro!!! --Ryan

Harry Warden Thursday 12/11/2008 at 08:26 PM | 27870
Bro I have the same shit going on, on my end as well... Maybe not to the same degree, but I catch hell ALL the time from my mother. You need to save your money and stop blowing it on masks... I hear it everyday! Thats when you let it roll in one ear and out the other... I feel as long as I am not broke and I am paying for my own shit and helping out with a few bills, than I am doing my end. I don't ask her for money or bumb off of my relatives. I work my ass off for what little I do make and I feel if I want to enjoy a little bit of it and buy the things that make me happy than I am going to do just that and there is nobody going to change me... I'm a die hard cold blooded Horror Fan and nothing can change that... My girlfriend even gets on me from time to time telling me I have a problem or an obseson and all I can say to her is: Yes I do and I am a collecter... Thats what collecters do. The buy and they collect it... Bisco bud, I would just lay it out as it is and tell whoever is giving you a ruff time to just go to hell! Be hardcore about it and show'em you mean busness. Garunteed they'll either get the idea that it's your pride and joy and leave you be OR they will leave but in the end you arn't going to be getting anymore grief from it! Hope everything works out for the best with whatever you dede! There has been many points stated in this thread and I agree with alot of it, but I have my own opinions on certain parts. I just hope whichever way you dede to go, it works for the best and you are happy with whatever dicion you make!

Look at it this way... If it's not the Horror Collection it's going to be something else! MOST girls are never happy until they own your ass, so you may as well either tell'em where to go or give it up...

Stay with the Darkde bro!!! --Ryan I believe there should be a mutual respect between any couple... both are going to have their own personal likes and dislikes and those should be honored by both people... However, on the other hand reguading you mom and gf the are probably just giving you a rough time because they care... And at times they probably feel like you put your hobby first..so look at it from their perspective instead of just automatically assuming that they are giving you a hard time about just to do... also there is a fine line between having a hobby and collecting, and obesng over a hobby.

As far as the issue in this post...keep doin whatcha do dude but maybe tone it down a little... But never quit what you like.

Tina
tl455 Friday 12/12/2008 at 02:42 AM | 27910
i just cant keep going on like this, my horror fascination and obseson has ruined all my relationships. there are no cool chicks that likw what i like except ones that are hundresds of miles away
Johnny Bisco Friday 12/12/2008 at 03:11 AM | 27912
i just cant keep going on like this, my horror fascination and obseson has ruined all my relationships. there are no cool chicks that likw what i like except ones that are hundresds of miles away

Hey man i can totaly understand your frustration..

I am new to this place and you don't know me... but this is my view on it (cause i am a girl with a bf with the same interests as you).. you don't have to find a girl that likes horror as much as you do...but aim for a girl that can listen to your likes and maybe one that really likes horror movies...you can date someone who has different likes than you but they have to be able to honor your likes too... so don't think you gotta give this up or even cut back... however, i gotta say sometimes my bf pay more attention to his hobby than me...thats the only thing you gotta becareful of...some girls are ok with being at ignored at times (not that its done on purpose... but some girls can be really mean about it...so hang in there finding the right one takes time

tl455 Friday 12/12/2008 at 03:28 AM | 27913

Oh c'mon Bisco!!! What the hell happened to you, in fact??? Were you kidnapped by aliens on the weekend? Or some canibal eat your balls on the lunch? Not everybody here have a nice wife or girlfriend, who loves this horror shit, man! My wife sometimes wants go away, or kick my ass because I'm always buying DVDs or t-shirts, spending money or hanging something creep on the walls of my home. She shouts and scream, but I don't care. I just laugh a lot, and she gets pissed off. IF YOU TALK AGAIN IN RID YOUR STUFF I'LL TRAVEL TO USA AND KICK YOUR UGLY ASS!!!;) Damn...
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/12/2008 at 09:42 AM | 27957
Love is overrated.

^^^^^^^^^^^ What he said.
Sourfacedbastard Friday 12/12/2008 at 09:42 AM | 27958
IF YOU TALK AGAIN IN RID YOUR STUFF I'LL TRAVEL TO USA AND KICK YOUR UGLY ASS!!! You tell him Glauco

kweandee Friday 12/12/2008 at 12:43 PM | 27968
wow im stunned how much you guys care!

i still may have to sell a couple masks if i decide to keep my stuff, im low on cash big time and i need to get my dog to the vet (she needs to be fixed before she goes in heat again thats gross shit) and thats not going to be cheap
Johnny Bisco Friday 12/12/2008 at 01:20 PM | 27969
Yep fixing a dog is expenve in a regular vets office...you could try the ASPCA I know they had been doing that up here where they fixed the dog(s) for a donation of like $25-$50. I think it's all part of some group effort to stop all the breeding cause it eventually leads to more strays, etc.
kweandee Friday 12/12/2008 at 02:22 PM | 27973
Hmm, much better now! Now you're talking like the old Taft! Short of money??? Dude, I'll send you my bank acc and the bills I have to pay (many of them are from the wife, she buy everything she can see), so you should feel like BILL GATES!

2 Thumbs Up to the expenve wifes!!!
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/12/2008 at 02:39 PM | 27974
Hey bro....LUCKMANN made a couple of great points in this thread particularly about girlfriends/wives. (btw LUCK....you are the funniest f'ing guy! ) Anyway.....my old lady keeps my balls in an urn next to her de of the bed. I have a HUGE beautiful collection of horror stuff as well as some awesome guitars and muc collection. And guess what? they are wrapped up and tucked away in the basement. What do I have to show for it in my house? NADA. Im lucky that on the top of a book case in the living room I have a few killer trolls from Norway and several Macfarland dragons.

Half the time I have to creep around like a ghoul when the postman comes delivering a mask. If she finds out I have to say I "won" it haha. Its become an issue in our relationship and the sad thing is that I KNOW that if was books or something else I was collecting she wouldnt care as much.

Man...ol' grandad would NEVER have acted like such a pussy. haha anyway point Im getting at is SEVERAL times I felt like you. I just wanted to toss everything and start new. It sucks. But never act or make a decion when your in the the thick of being pissed or distraught. You'll only regret it in the end. Me? im waiting til we get a bigger place. Thats it...boom! MY basement or MY own office. i wish you luck bro. if you need to jettison some masks for some needed moula? ok. but dont go crazy meng!
ny ghoul Friday 12/12/2008 at 03:20 PM | 27977
Hey Bisco, sorry I am coming in soo late on this topic... I haven't been on in a few days.

In my opinion you should NEVER give up your hobbies or your pasons for anyone.

There are definitely plenty of woman out there that love horror and collecting as much as you and I both do.

You just may not have found the perfect one yet that's all.

You can't give up something that makes you happy, it's what gets us through life.

What's the point of working and earning money if we can't spend on stuff we enjoy?

My husband is sooo supportive of my obseson w/ horror, Halloween, and all that comes with it.

He doesn't care what I do as long as the bills are paid and we have that understanding.

He knows how much this all means to me and he would NEVER ask that I give it up.

His pason is football and I never overstep those boundaries... trust me NFL merchandise is NOT CHEAP lol

My point is, don't give up your hobby of collecting.

If you see you are spending more than you should then just make some cut backs.

And don't give up on trying to find the perfect one for you that can accept ALL of you and your pason for collecting.

Trust me, she is out there!

KimmyBlanks Saturday 12/13/2008 at 04:46 PM | 28087
first thing first, KIMMYBLANKS, i agree with your statement and raise you 100!

lol

nowwwww...

well Bisco, i dont know wxactly what you are doing to want to sell some of your things, i dont know if your gnificant other is just catching you eyeing your things more than you eye her.

or all you do is t in a room and stare at all your stuff 24/7.

but i dont see why anyone should really sell any of there stuff!

unless there is some emergency, but even then you have to think looooong and hard.

and Bisco with yourself, who was there first, the "other" or your masks and all your dvds and greatness?

who never talks back?

the masks never do, they'll agree with you no matter what!

i'm glad i have a g/f that only says im weiRd for having all my horror things but she actually supports my habits, she buys shirts and other horror related things. just think it through looooong and hard Bisco!
dxh8r4life Monday 12/15/2008 at 10:21 PM | 28271
first thing first, KIMMYBLANKS, i agree with your statement and raise you 100!

lol

Well thank you

KimmyBlanks Thursday 12/18/2008 at 02:44 AM | 28531