Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.
Arrow Video will be releasing Bernard Rose’s CANDYMAN onto Blu-ray and it has been newly restored in 2K. The Blu-ray comes with some great extras and special features Head on down below to check that out.
- Brand new 2K restoration of the film from the original negative and supervised and approved by writer-director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
- 5.1 DTS-HD MA and Original Uncompressed Stereo 2.0 Audio
- Optional English subtitles
- Exclusive packaging featuring newly commissioned artwork by Gary Pullin
- 6 Lobby Card reproductions
- Reversible fold-out poster featuring two artworks
- Fully illustrated collector’s booklet featuring new writing on the film by festival programmer Michael Blyth
- Limited Edition perfect-bound booklet reproducing the original hand-painted storyboards by Bernard Rose
- Brand new audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
- Brand new audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman
- Be My Victim – a brand new interview with Tony Todd
- It Was Always You, Helen – a brand new interview with Virginia Madsen
- The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – a brand new interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
- Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – brand new interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
- A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
- Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman – a critical analysis of the film with writers Tananarive Due and Steven Barnes
- Theatrical Trailer
- Three rarely-seen Bernard Rose short films, newly restored in HD: Looking at Alice (30 mins, 1978), A Bomb With No Name on It (3 mins, 1976), The Wreckers (5 mins)
The CANDYMAN Blu-ray will be available on October 29th.