Forums Trailers and Videos
Official Comic-Con Trailer Arrives For THE PURGE TV Series!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

We learned some time ago that Blumhouse launched their own independent TV studio along with ITV Studios with the plan being to produce both scripted and unscripted genre shows. The first project on that list will be based off of THE PURGE franchise.

With the prequel to the existing PURGE trilogy, THE FIRST PURGE coming soon, it seems that THE PURGE television series will be holding hands with the film. Creator James DeMonaco and Blumhouse Television prepare their television series to air on USA as well as the Syfy Network.

The Comic-Con trailer has arrived for the series which can be viewed just below.

Fiona Dourif will have a recurring role playing the part of “The cool and offbeat, Good Leader Tavis, the much-adored, charismatic cult leader, dispensing blessings to her fawning followers”.

James DeMonaco previously revealed just how much purging we will see, as well as how much of the series will be flashback saying:

“I’d say it’s 70, 65 percent Purge Night and then 30 percent flashback. We follow four what-seem-to-be separate storylines of people going out on the evening and experiencing the Purge. The real estate of the 10 hours of the TV allows us to use flashback, where we flashback out of the Purge world, into the regular lives, the non-Purge days, of this future America. We get to see who these people are when it’s not Purge Night and the events that led them to where they are on the particular Purge night that we are following.

I think it’s a great device. The real estate of TV lets us truly analyze why anyone would resort to violence on Purge Night. So, it’s a slower burn. Whereas the movies are kind of a punch in the face — you know, these big events — I think the TV show, with the real estate of it, allows us to truly analyze why anyone would pick up a gun or a knife to solve a problem. We really get to examine the night, and the intricacies of the evening, and the nuances of the evening, and the different kinds of people who are out on the streets in a way that I just couldn’t do in the movies.”

He added:

“About five months ago, I would have said that [I was done with the Purge movies]. Then we started writing all these scripts for Purge TV, and I realized how many Purge stories could be told, and what it is a metaphor for, and realized, maybe not? I don’t know if I’ll direct any more but I do like still writing Purge, so I think maybe, maybe.”

THE PURGE TV series will star Fiona Dourif, William Baldwin, Amanda Warren, Gabriel Chavarria, Jessica Garza, Colin Woodell, Lili Simmons, Hannah Anderson, and Lee Tergesen. Franchise creator James DeMonaco is executive producing the series with Blumhouse, Platinum Dunes, Sebastien K. Lemercier, and showrunner Thomas Kelly.

The pilot episode will be directed by Anthony Hemingway. The series will be produced by Blumhouse along with Universal Cable Productions. Platinum Dunes and Sebastien K Lemercier will serve as executive producers on the series.

Producer Jason Blum previously let us in on what we can expect from THE PURGE TV series saying:

“It will reveal to the fans what happens the other 364 days of the year and how that law affects people."

THE PURGE TV series will arrived on the USA Network September 4th, but before that, be sure and mark your calendars for July 4th as the release date for THE FIRST PURGE.

We will keep you updated on all things THE PURGE as they unfold.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 7/23/2018 at 12:04 AM | 105880