Forums Horror Collectibles
Zombie Holocaust Survivor figure

Here is my custom Survivor figure, I want to give him a better backpack once I start making them.

But the rest of the stuff is top notch.

The pistols and holsters were hand made by a friend of mine, Steve.

The clothing was bought here and there, and the book was made by me with various pieces of card stock.

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/12/2008 at 05:55 AM | 27929
Cooool
kaizu Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:09 AM | 27933
man Josh your work is flat out amazing bro.

It looks freaking authentic down to the last stitch and the book turned out great!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:12 AM | 27934
Another amazing piece . . . I only wish I could get the Rorschach figure, hands down my favorite!!!
DaShape Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:15 AM | 27935
Thanks a bunch guys!

This one was a labor of love for me, I've done a lot of zombies and have always wanted to do a run of survivors.

I've been trying to gather parts forever, and once I started reading World War Z... it clicked and I had to get it done.

I just added it to my store too.

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:18 AM | 27936
Thanks a bunch guys!

This one was a labor of love for me, I've done a lot of zombies and have always wanted to do a run of survivors.

I've been trying to gather parts forever, and once I started reading World War Z... it clicked and I had to get it done.

schweet daddy it is already up for sale! So Josh did you come up with this idea on your own is this from a movie?
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:20 AM | 27937
Thanks a bunch guys!

schweet daddy it is already up for sale! So Josh did you come up with this idea on your own is this from a movie?

It was my own idea..

I've been weaving these zombie figures into my own little mythos in my brain.

This guy is going to end up being my hero character.

I wanted to outfit him in such a way that would make sense but also reflect the Zombie Survival Guide in a way.Eventually, I will work in some other survivors to be in his little group.

I have a bac idea for a plot in my brain, been working to make a zombie story of my own one day.. just want to avoid the cliches and not have it be too much like anything else out there.

But of course The Walking Dead and World War Z are huge influences, as they are the best I've ever seen of the zombie genre.

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:29 AM | 27939
Thanks a bunch guys!

It was my own idea..

I've been weaving these zombie figures into my own little mythos in my brain.

This guy is going to end up being my hero character.

I wanted to outfit him in such a way that would make sense but also reflect the Zombie Survival Guide in a way.Eventually, I will work in some other survivors to be in his little group.

I have a bac idea for a plot in my brain, been working to make a zombie story of my own one day.. just want to avoid the cliches and not have it be too much like anything else out there.

But of course The Walking Dead and World War Z are huge influences, as they are the best I've ever seen of the zombie genre.wow man, that makes this even cooler imo. Can't wait to see the whole set!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/12/2008 at 07:16 AM | 27948
Awesome....he looks all ready to take out some zombies

kweandee Friday 12/12/2008 at 12:34 PM | 27966
Thanks guys!

I plan on making some more people for his crew, all with their own skills and baggage.

Should be a lot of fun.

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/12/2008 at 04:02 PM | 27980
Each time I read a topic from DA I get excited to see what great stuff is there. This time all I can say is DAMN! This figure looks awesome! All details are there, the guns, the clothing, hair... Man, you should teach your technique to another people. This art couldn't die with you on future. Congratulations DA!

Have to say again: DAMN!
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/12/2008 at 06:51 PM | 27994
Thats bad ass!

Each figure i see keeps getting better and better.
Evildsm Friday 12/12/2008 at 07:04 PM | 27996
Thank you all!

And Luckmann... there are many out there that do what I do thankfully.

My mentor has been doing this for almost 30 years, mister Les Walker or the Figuremaster as he is affectionately known.

He has taught me a lot in my 3 years of doing this, and it's helped immensely.I just try to do things better with each figure, and with more accuracy or weathering.

Anything that is beat to Hell... I enjoy making it.

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/12/2008 at 07:12 PM | 27997
Oh, I'm sure about it DA. All your stuff are very accurated. I showed it to many people here, and all them said the same thing, your work is marvelous. If there was someone here that could do this figures in BRAL, certainly this guy should gain much money. All the figures you see here to sell are from USA, and too expenves for our reality.
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/12/2008 at 07:37 PM | 28001
yep this is bad ass! damn dude i wish i could afford one of each of these. i love zombie stuff.

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 12/12/2008 at 07:37 PM | 28002
yep this is bad ass! damn dude i wish i could afford one of each of these. i love zombie stuff.hell yeah me too! great detail work darkartist
sausagecake Friday 12/12/2008 at 11:44 PM | 28041
Thanks a lot guys.

I love the tiny details, I get a kick out of doing them.

I think it gives a figure more life with each little quirk you can put in.And Luckmann... I only wish I could open a satellite office in Brazil, would be nice for buness.

DarkArtist81 Saturday 12/13/2008 at 04:53 AM | 28058
Hell yeah DA! You could make Zombies with tongs and Carmem Miranda hats!
LÜCKMANN Saturday 12/13/2008 at 11:35 AM | 28069
awesomeseth
halloween killer Sunday 12/14/2008 at 11:29 PM | 28178
That is an awesome figure DA!

I don't collect figs, but you're tempting me with every post.
Snoballz Monday 12/15/2008 at 02:55 AM | 28197
Thanks Snoballz!

Just know that once you start... the virus takes hold...

It's as addicting as mask collecting..

DarkArtist81 Monday 12/15/2008 at 06:12 AM | 28211
Thanks Snoballz!

Just know that once you start... the virus takes hold...

It's as addicting as mask collecting..I am in the same boat. I have never really collected many figures but DA your changing my mind. The attention to detail you give each of these is freaking insane.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 12/15/2008 at 06:13 AM | 28213
Thanks man!

I try to make them like tiny statues, and as detailed as can be allowed.

And seriously, once you have one... It's hard to stop collecting them.

DarkArtist81 Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 03:30 PM | 28460