Forums Horror Movie News
Blumhouse Is Still Wanting To Remake SCREAM!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

1996's SCREAM is absolutely a very sacred Horror film. Wes Craven really hit the nail of the head with this one as it surpassed expectations that we have never seen before, taking us within the movie itself with it's cool hook of who was responsible for the killings?

With the rise of remakes seemingly going full throttle, it is only most likely only a matter of time before we see a feature film remake of SCREAM.

Jason Blum of Blumhouse recently spoke with Forbes about a few things, and when Blum was asked about the possibility of remaking SCREAM or I KNOW WHAT YOU DID LAST SUMMER, he replied:

"I'd like to do that, yeah. I would like to do both of them, but it's a rights situation with all those movies. It's very tangled and very complicated. It's one thing to say you want to do them and it's a whole other thing to get to actually do it. To give you some idea, Halloween was in the works with us for four or five years before it evolved, so, there are business obstacles to cross but, in theory, if you said to me, "Would you like to do a Scream movie?" My answer would be, "Of course." Sadly it doesn't work like that."

Who knows what the future may hold? Until that time comes, SCREAM THE TV SERIES will be returning to MTV soon.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 9/11/2018 at 09:37 PM | 105981