Forums Horror Collectibles
ELM ST's A GO.....

href="http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14637">http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14637
SithLord Friday 12/12/2008 at 08:39 AM | 27953
Please don't suck, Please don't suck, Please don't suck I still don't know how they can pull this off without completely reinventing Freddy's look.

Jason, Leatherface and Myers are one thing . . . their looks depend on a mask but Freddy, well he is pretty much defined by Robert Englund's face and nce we know Robert isn't going to be involved in this . . .

Plus, with the whole dream environment of portions of the film we can all expect heavy CGI which will take away from any scary parts the film might have.

IF they are going to do extreme dream sequences (that the originals never took full advantage of due to budget and non-existent technology at the time) then I would hope they would look something like out of "THE CELL" movie.

Those were CGI mixed WELL with real studio sets.

We can only hope this movie works out but of all Slasher remakes, this is the one that I'm most skeptical about by far.

DaShape Friday 12/12/2008 at 08:55 AM | 27954
I wonder who is going to play freddy.... Hmmm....

Ryan Seacrest?

I am going to keep an open mind on this though.
Evildsm Friday 12/12/2008 at 03:12 PM | 27975
you know...SHAPE you just made me feel like an idiot LOL.....I NEVER even thought about the fact that Freddy IS Robert Englund's face. All this time while thinking of a remake Im picturing like Billy Bob or whoever running around looking like the Freddy we all know and love. haha so yeah who they pick is going to be be REAL important. This has got my curioty going. I hope it rocks.
ny ghoul Friday 12/12/2008 at 03:24 PM | 27978
you know...SHAPE you just made me feel like an idiot LOL.....I NEVER even thought about the fact that Freddy IS Robert Englund's face. All this time while thinking of a remake Im picturing like Billy Bob or whoever running around looking like the Freddy we all know and love. haha so yeah who they pick is going to be be REAL important. This has got my curioty going. I hope it rocks.

Thought anyone actually could look like Freddy, the make-up effect is very good today, but a few could play Freddy as Englund do though. But dispite of who is going to be Freddy, a bad remake could ruin the serie....
LÜCKMANN Friday 12/12/2008 at 04:45 PM | 27986
you make a good point. with make up they can make a milar look. Lets hope its good!
ny ghoul Friday 12/12/2008 at 08:58 PM | 28007
Please don't suck, Please don't suck, Please don't suck I still don't know how they can pull this off without completely reinventing Freddy's look.

Jason, Leatherface and Myers are one thing . . . their looks depend on a mask but Freddy, well he is pretty much defined by Robert Englund's face and nce we know Robert isn't going to be involved in this . . .

Plus, with the whole dream environment of portions of the film we can all expect heavy CGI which will take away from any scary parts the film might have.

IF they are going to do extreme dream sequences (that the originals never took full advantage of due to budget and non-existent technology at the time) then I would hope they would look something like out of "THE CELL" movie.

Those were CGI mixed WELL with real studio sets.

We can only hope this movie works out but of all Slasher remakes, this is the one that I'm most skeptical about by far.

I couldn't agree more.
Myers31TKD Friday 12/12/2008 at 09:37 PM | 28016
Joel and I have been discusng this remake for awhile now and he pretty much summed it up perfectly with my feelings as well. I am hopefully optimistic that it won't bomb but one of these remakes, and some say HalloweeN did but I disagree, one of these is going to flop big time! I just pray it doesn't happen to the NOES remake....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 12/13/2008 at 12:12 AM | 28044
I was actually hoping that they wouldn't go through with this one. I couldn't, and still can't, see how they will make it worth seeing. I predict this movie will be a hit opening weekend on name alone, but will suck major monkey balls.
Myers31TKD Saturday 12/13/2008 at 02:18 AM | 28049
Joel and I have been discusng this remake for awhile now and he pretty much summed it up perfectly with my feelings as well. I am hopefully optimistic that it won't bomb but one of these remakes, and some say HalloweeN did but I disagree, one of these is going to flop big time! I just pray it doesn't happen to the NOES remake....

The remake will always be a great discuson and a point of view. I still think that RZ Halloween sucks, and the other RZ movies as well, but I'm a optimistic to the new remakes. Agreed 100% with those who said: "please, don't remake NOES!" But HELL, if they do, let's try to see it with good eyes, right? It's NOES, damn!! We have to give them some credit, but I hope in the future the people in Hollywood begins to be more original and give us something new...
LÜCKMANN Saturday 12/13/2008 at 12:16 PM | 28074
I love NOES so I'll definately be going to see it but yes I really hope it doesn't suck

kweandee Monday 12/15/2008 at 01:17 PM | 28226
I'm at work and my friend just sent me this....thought I'd share.

href="http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081212c.php">http://www.darkhorizons.com/news08/081212c.php

It's about the remake...looks like Robert Englund will be in the movie just not as Freddy...that's kinda disturbing...lol
kweandee Monday 12/15/2008 at 03:11 PM | 28229
I bet its going to be like Lou Ferrigno in the Hulk remakes.

RE will probably be a janitor or gaurd and get killed or have a witty comment about seeing this happen before.

LOL
Evildsm Monday 12/15/2008 at 03:43 PM | 28234
FINALLY !!!!

something is getting done with this. Guns N Rose's album I think came out faster than confirmed reports about next (freddie) installment. Now a couple of things. I like the scary approach going back to their roots. I remember when i was kid and my grandmother was babytting me. My parents were out and i wanted to watch "Elm street"

(the first one),but i couldn't stand hearing the freddie voice or the screech of the nails. So i watched it on "mute". Probably safer that way. Being like 11 or 12 . So with that being said. Scare me !!! Scare the shit out of me (not literally, i'm married and have 30 years before that phycally happens). Scare me. Creep me out. dont' do nging freddy or lly things where over feeeding someone til they explode. Last time i was scared or creeped out i can honestly say was the ending of "Blair Witch Project". Some of you may agree and some of you may not , but that last shot was disturbing to me and i still think about it. Dont' be corny. (Girl exploding from over eating

exploding is equivalent to the "Batman credit Card" in Batman n Robin.) I have faith that this will be great movie. Now its come to my attention that "Robert England" will not reprise Freddie. Now if thats not an insult i don't know what is. They better not cast him as "gas attendant guy # 2". I just can't imagine a "night mare" flick with out him. I guess we will see. I was pleased with Remake of "texas chainsaw"

first one anyhome. I thought it was creepy and scary even. I look forward to "friday the 13th". So lets see what happens
Wigglethis Tuesday 12/16/2008 at 03:40 PM | 28331