Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.
Whatever you do, don't say his name five times. Based on Clive Barker's short story "The Forbidden," the urban legend Horror film CANDYMAN is coming to Blu-ray like never before in a new Collector's Edition from Scream Factory, including a bunch of new interviews with the cast and crew, as well as a new audio commentary with writer/director Bernard Rose and The Candyman himself, Tony Todd.
The myth of Candyman has endured for generations. He legacy is eternal rage. This November, we dare you to look into a mirror and say his name five times when terrifying 90’s cult classic thriller, CANDYMAN Collector’s Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray arrives on home entertainment shelves soon. Written and directed by Bernard Rose (Frankenstein), executive produced by Clive Barker (Nightbreed), and music by Philip Glass, CANDYMAN stars Virginia Madsen (Sideways, Dune), Tony Todd (Night of the Living Dead, The Crow), Xander Berkeley (The Walking Dead, Gattaca), and Kasi Lemmon (Eve’s Bayou, The Silence of the Lambs). A must-have for loyal fans, movie collectors and horror enthusiasts, this definitive collector’s edition Blu-ray contains new 2K restoration from a new 4K scan of the original film elements, a payload of bonus content, including new audio commentary with writer/director Bernard Rose, actor Tony Todd, and authors Stephen Jones and Kim Newman, new interviews with cast and crew, special featurettes, and much more! Pre-order is available now at ShoutFactory.com
This gut-wrenching thriller follows a graduate student whose research summons the spirit of the dead! When Helen Lyle hears about Candyman, a slave spirit with a hook hand who is said to haunt a notorious housing project, she thinks she has a new twist for her thesis. Braving the gang-ridden territory to visit the site, Helen arrogantly assumes Candyman can't really exist ... until he appears, igniting a string of terrifying, grisly slayings. But the police don't believe in monsters, and charge Helen with the crimes. And the only one who can set her free is Candyman.
DISC 1 – Theatrical Cut:
- NEW 2K restoration from a new 4K scan of the original negative, supervised and approve by writer/director Bernard Rose and director of photography Anthony B. Richmond
- NEW audio commentary with writer-director Bernard Rose and actor Tony Todd
- NEW audio commentary with Stephen Jones and Kim Newman Audio Commentary with director Bernard Rose, author Clive Barker, producer Alan Poul and actors Tony Todd, Virginia Madsen and Kasi Lemmons
- Audio Commentary with director Bernard Rose, from The Movie Crypt Podcast hosted by filmmakers Adam Green and Joe Lynch
- Sweets to the Sweet: The Candyman Mythos featuring interviews with director Bernard Rose, producer Alan Poul, executive producer Clive Barker, actors Virginia Madsen, Tony Todd and Kasi Lemmons
- Clive Barker: Raising Hell – an interview with author/artist/filmmaker Clive Barker
- Interview with actor Tony Todd (2014)
- Bernard Rose’s Storyboards
- Theatrical Trailer
- TV Spots
- Still Gallery
- Screenplay (BD-Rom)
DISC 2 – Unrated Cut:
- NEW 2K restoration from a new 4K scan of the original negative with high definition inserts for the uncut footage from an archival film print
- NEW Be My Victim – an interview with Tony Todd
- NEW It Was Always You, Helen – an interview with Virginia Madsen
- NEW Reflection in the Mirror – an interview with Kasi Lemmons
- NEW A Kid in Candyman – an interview with actor DeJuan Guy
- NEW The Writing on the Wall: The Production Design of Candyman – an interview with production designer Jane Ann Stewart
- NEW Forbidden Flesh: The Makeup FX of Candyman – including interviews with special makeup effects artists Bob Keen, Gary J. Tunnicliffe and Mark Coulier
- NEW A Story to Tell: Clive Barker’s “The Forbidden” – writer Douglas E. Winter on Clive Barker’s seminal Books of Blood and Candyman’s source story, “The Forbidden”
- NEW "Urban Legend: Unwrapping Candyman" – A Critical Analysis Of The Film With Writers Tananarive Due And Steven Barnes
The CANDYMAN Collector’s Edition 2-Disc Blu-ray set will be released on November 20th.