Well I was lucky enough to acquire this mask and I love it. The mask was a pull directly from the mold that was given to a spfx artist via R. Kurtzman of KNB about 18 years ago. In 2003 the mask was sent to Justin at Night Owl and then to Terry for Hair. Well The hair I felt wasnt what I see when I see the film so I took it off today and will add hair to the mask when I can get some free time. The cool thing about this mask is how it changes its look and shape so much. If you elongate the mask at the chin it looks like the one from the film. If it had mesh eyes and a nose appliance.

The last pic shows how thin this mask is. I had to use a foam head as this mask is no thicker than a dime in the thickest part.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 12/14/2008 at 12:47 AM | 28106
Scott your a brave brave soul my friend! But I know you will pull it off and the thing will look amazing. Now off to that barber shop in the hood!!!!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 12/14/2008 at 01:12 AM | 28111
I know exactly how I want the hair on this mask. I want it just like my shanks g mask and that is how I will do the mask. The hair was pretty crap on the rear and had a huge bald spot....lol...So I decided to make this mask even better and hit it with some human hair and really just pay very close attention to the detail and hairline of the mask.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 12/14/2008 at 01:21 AM | 28112
I know exactly how I want the hair on this mask. I want it just like my shanks g mask and that is how I will do the mask. The hair was pretty crap on the rear and had a huge bald spot....lol...So I decided to make this mask even better and hit it with some human hair and really just pay very close attention to the detail and hairline of the mask.

He isn't joking guys. He has a basement full of people, the ones with the best hair will make it onto the mask and the rest of the people, well lets just say.....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 12/14/2008 at 02:06 AM | 28115
booman your a trip. scott thats a bad ass mask. i cant wait to see a whole bunch of photos once its done.

pamelavoorheesRIP Sunday 12/14/2008 at 02:09 AM | 28116
Good god all mighty.... Thats a ck score!

I cant wait for you to work your magic on that mask.
Evildsm Sunday 12/14/2008 at 07:24 AM | 28135
Scott you lucky SOB! I love that H5, I wish I could have forked out that money for it. You hairing is gonna look amazing on that.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 12/14/2008 at 03:25 PM | 28141
Right on Dren. I have been trying to snag this mask for little over a few months now but I was paying for something else that kept me from getting this until recently. I like this mask better than my h8 Beckstrom did and I think it will be unstoppable. I would love to buy another ssn shanks and have it casted super thin and cutting the nose appliance off to see what it would look like on this mask. I think that would be the shit.

I need to go and pick up some hair for this mask. I may go a shade darker than my other h5 masks this time around. I have a good amount of the right color but I dont think it will be enough to finish the entire mask and I havent seen the same color again so we will see what I can pick up for it.
quietonthesetstudios Sunday 12/14/2008 at 05:54 PM | 28154
The previous owner/s of that mask must have really taken good care of it... I am amazed over 18 yrs. that it has still kept it's shape for as thin as the pull is... Looks Great Scott!!!

I can't wait to see the hair when you get it done!

There's one mask I really would love to own and thats the Part 4 that your buddy owns!!!

I'll never see that much money in my life to buy it so it really doesnt matter... lmao!

I could stare at that Wilber ALL damn day and never get bored...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Sunday 12/14/2008 at 09:28 PM | 28160
that sure is a purdy mask scott. be sure to shower us with photos once its haired.
oldskool Monday 12/15/2008 at 01:02 AM | 28184

im not a big fan of the halloween 5 mask but that thing is ck. good luck with the hair yo!
sausagecake Monday 12/15/2008 at 03:05 AM | 28202
A little update!

I started the hair on my ssn knb mask and it has turned out way better than I expected. I used a slightly darker hair than the first time I did the mask and the end result looks dead on. I will post up a pic for everyone after work and I ordered more hair for the real knb mask that should arrive by Friday and I should be able to complete that mask over the weekend.
quietonthesetstudios Monday 12/15/2008 at 01:30 PM | 28227
nice score scott seth
halloween killer Sunday 12/21/2008 at 09:33 PM | 28999