Forums Horror Movie News
Release Details For I TRAPPED THE DEVIL!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

IFC Midnight is always on the forefront of genre acquisitions and they recently picked up I TRAPPED THE DEVIL (previously known as A Man in the Dark) from writer/director Josh Lobo. Ahead of the April release, the details on upcoming festival screenings can be found below.

IFC Midnight announced today that it is acquiring U.S. rights to I TRAPPED THE DEVIL (formerly titled “A Man in the Dark”), written and directed by debut filmmaker Josh Lobo, who also produced alongside Spence Nicholson, Rowan Russell, and Scott Weinberg. The cast includes Chris Sullivan (THIS IS US, GUARDIANS OF THE GALAXY VOL. 2), Jocelin Donahue (THE HOUSE OF THE DEVIL, DOCTOR SLEEP), AJ Bowen (YOU’RE NEXT, THE SACRAMENT), Susan Burke (STAN AGAINST EVIL), and Scott Poythress (HOMELAND, TURN: WASHINGTON’S SPIES).

Synopsis:

"It’s the Christmas season, a time of peace and joy with friends and family. But when Matt (AJ Bowen) and his wife Karen (Susan Burke) show up unannounced at the home of his estranged brother Steve (Scott Poythress) to celebrate the holidays, they are instead greeted with a disturbing surprise. Held hostage in Steve’s basement is a man—though not just any man. Or perhaps not a man at all. Steve believes that he has captured the human manifestation of the Devil himself."

As shock and skepticism turn to fear and paranoia, Matt and Karen find themselves caught in a spiral of terror and doubt. Could this mysterious stranger really be evil incarnate? Or is Steve dangerously unhinged? In the dark, bloody tradition of the best holiday horror films, I TRAPPED THE DEVIL sets the stage for a true Christmas from hell.

If you want to see the movie early, it will be screening at the Chattanooga Film Festival, Minneapolis-St. Paul Int'l Film Festival, Motor City Nightmares, and the Phoenix Film Festival.

I TRAPPED THE DEVIL will be available in selcect theaters and VOD April 26th.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 3/31/2019 at 02:55 AM | 106369