Forums Television
A New Series Based On THE WALKING DEAD Is Coming!

Bringing you the best in Horror Movie News, and all things Horror.

Back in November, AMC made the announcement that they would be expanding their universe by adding a third series to THE WALKING DEAD.

ET is now reporting that AMC has indeed given the green light to a new scripted series that will be set in the world of THE WALKING DEAD. This would bring the number of shows to three which focus of the world after the zombie outbreak.

Joining FEAR THE WALKING DEAD and THE WALKING DEAD, this new series will feature "feature two young female protagonists and focus on the first generation to come-of-age in the apocalypse as we know it. Some will become heroes. Some will become villains. In the end, all of them will be changed forever. Grown-up and cemented in their identities, both good and bad.”

Longtime TWD writer and producer Negrete will serve as showrunner for the new series, which will consist of 10 episodes that begin filming in Virginia this summer.

Scott M. Gimple said this about the new series (courtesy of EW):

“Showing audiences an unseen pocket of The Walking Dead universe steeped in a new mythology is a very cool way to celebrate a ‘Decade of the Dead’ on TV and over 15 years of Robert Kirkman’s brilliant comic. Matt Negrete is one of the best writer-producers in TWD’s long history — I’m thrilled to be working beside him to tell stories unlike we’ve seen before, taking our first step into an even larger world.”

Negrete adds:

“I’m beyond excited to be a part of this new show set in The Walking Dead Universe. Writing and producing for the original series has been the job of a lifetime and I’m honored to be working with Scott and all the fine Dead folks at AMC in this new capacity. I can’t wait for the fans of the franchise to see what we’ve been cooking up!”

There are no casting details for the new series at this time, but we will keep you updated on the new WALKING DEAD series as we hear it.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 4/09/2019 at 02:26 AM | 106386