Forums Horror Collectibles
NO WHITE MASK IN H2?

Sources close to Rob Zombie while keeping tight lipped about details have revealed that Zombie (who recently gned on to direct Halloween 2) is leaning towards not ung the famous "white" mask that the Halloween franchise has been built on. While he will utilize the mask in the opening sequence plans are either to use no mask at all or another style mask that Tyler Maine (Michael Myers) will adorn this fall.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 06:02 AM | 28428
Pardon my language, but...

FUCK THAT
Myers31TKD Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 06:13 AM | 28429
I 2ND THAT!!!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 06:59 AM | 28430
I know for a fact that he has to have some sort of a mask... "It hides his uglyness"... It would totally fuck the plot line over for the first film...

P.S... For god sakes why would anyone want to change the mask??????????? After his whole speech on the mask on the bonus features I find this so hard to believe... He talks about the mask being "SO ICONIC" and how Weird it is in how it shows so many expreons... He knows that mask makes "Michael Myers" who he is and why he is so loved... He should know that movie is going to head right into the ground by doing such a thing...

I'd sooner see Michael Myers in a tue tue nging ring around the rosey, than to see him with a differant mask or none at all... I'm completely disgusted in this right now... URGHHHHH... I will refuse to watch it...

--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:00 AM | 28431
I have mixed feelings on this.

While I'm all for tradition, it may be nice to see it changed up a bit.

I'm not sure about the no mask thing, but a different type of mask could be interesting.
gummi Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:02 AM | 28432
Or this could be just another way to mislead and keep everyone in the dark. Just a few weeks ago, we were told he wasn't going to be directing or writing H2.

Or Justin maybe up to some of his ole' tricks again.

SithLord Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:25 AM | 28434
Or this could be just another way to mislead and keep everyone in the dark. Just a few weeks ago, we were told he wasn't going to be directing or writing H2.

Or Justin maybe up to some of his ole' tricks again.Guys good or bad this looks to be a legit source. I am still stunned after hearing this....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:41 AM | 28436
Who is this source?? I mean, Taylor Scout said she was a close source(friend) of RZ, and she got it totally wrong. Who knows for sure, really.
SithLord Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:45 AM | 28437
Who is this source?? I mean, Taylor Scout said she was a close source(friend) of RZ, and she got it totally wrong. Who knows for sure, really.

that is a great point Chris. Only time will tell for sure. It would be very weird to think of Myers without the mask though. But on the other hand I really did like the pumpkin mask he wore in the beginning of the remake....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:54 AM | 28438
Well, when you think about it, he would need a new mask IF he was shot in the head to end the last one. Then again, if that's the case, how could he survive with a hole in the head, given that he was a real person, and not some supernatural zombie. Pardon the pun.
SithLord Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 08:03 AM | 28439
Imagine it being the clown maskNO
kaizu Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 08:32 AM | 28442

FUCK THAT 3rd that!!!!!!!!!

FUCK THAT SHIT

misfit Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 11:48 AM | 28445
I have a feeling we'll see the "white" mask in some form or fashion. I just don't

see the movie working without it. (OK, working as well as it can with RZ trying to screw the pooch.)

Hopefully this is just some way to mislead everyone and keep the true details of

the movie as secret as posble.

If not, f*$% you, Rob!-grady
t-doyle Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 01:20 PM | 28448

FUCK THAT

Please, let me use your mple words...

FUCK THAT!!!

AND FUCK RZ
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 01:39 PM | 28451
Hell yeah, that makes some sense. I mean if he got shot in the face would you wear a mask and drown in your own blood? The first thing i would do would be to take the thing of. Maybe this is robs way of making michael more human like the first movie did. Maybe they will have michael take the mask off and cut away the damaged part and then just tie on on like a face mask. He has long hair so it may look cool like that.
quietonthesetstudios Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 01:46 PM | 28453
When I first found out Rob was doing the original remake I was shocked they went with the white mask. I think if he had it his way it wouldnt have been in the movie at all... He really pushed the whole frankenstein look, which was way different then the original.

The mask will be in the movie at least for a bit. Might be kinda cool to see him switch up masks.

Maybe in H2 Michael will set up an art studio and start making his own masks again..
CartyParty Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 02:01 PM | 28456
Rob is long his mind if he thinks removing the iconic mask would be a good idea.

Michael would find another mask somewhere, as always.

Maybe have him raid the hardware store (like in the original), or some dude out Trick or Treating could get attacked.

Whatever... just keep the damn mask!

I mean, he already stripped Michael of any supernatural power, made him into a bohemoth, took away any mystery the character had left, gave him long ass (psycho ) hair....

All that's left is the mask, knife and coveralls.

Why not just go ahead and finish what you started Rob?

Just finish raping my favorite character.... go right ahead.

DarkArtist81 Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 03:21 PM | 28457
First of all I would just like to say FUCK YOU!!! To RZ for destroying my favorite Horror Icon of all time!!!

Not only was the previous movie a Disgrace to all horror fans...But how the fuck Does a movie that bad get a sequel??? and loong the mask....RZ is the Most Retarded Director/writer ,whatever....This is just fucked up!!! this remake should have never happened!

Fuck You Rob Zombie!!!!

The MaDness Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 03:34 PM | 28461
Well, he is going to have to show off that huge bullet hole in the face.

So this is where this movie can shine.

It might turn it more into a TCM or Jason style killer but if thats what the industry is interested in then so be it.
Evildsm Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 03:52 PM | 28464
Maybe in H2 Michael will set up an art studio and start making his own masks again..

BWHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
DaShape Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 05:20 PM | 28468
Someone wrote on one of these forums it would be interesting if Ben Tramer showed up, and Michael swapped masks with him to gain a "clean" veron, rot and blood free. I think that would be a kickass idea. Oh yeah, and then kill Ben Tramer.

But I'm still offended by the thought of this sequel....ARRRGGGGHHHHH
strangerathome Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 05:45 PM | 28472
I think "evil" and "quiet" may be on to something. Theres no way that Rob is going to totally abandon the mask. If anything its going to be a severely scarred "scarred" mask

.........as for some other comments: who the fuck cares that Michael's hair was longer in the last flick?!?!? he had longer hair in 5 as well.

I think a lot of you guys are bashing the film already when all we have is a bunch of rumours. This could also just be a marketing ploy to get people worked up and if thats the case???.........hook line and nker guys!
ny ghoul Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 06:02 PM | 28477
I think a lot of you guys are bashing the film already when all we have is a bunch of rumours.

You'd almost think this was another forum whose name need not be mentioned...

lblambert Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:09 PM | 28484
The only official things we know as of know:

-Director: Rob Zombie -Story: Picks up right where the last one left off -Hoping for a 2009 release
DaShape Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 07:32 PM | 28485
Seriously, if Rob Zombie changes the mask, I will lose all respect for his work! Why in the hell would he want to change the mask, to create controversy; which will in turn make him more money, right?

That's bull crap! The mask IS the movie! Changing the mask makes the movie not Halloween anymore; instead it makes it something else!

Rob Zombie said he has respect for the Halloween series, but by changing the mask will definitely show he has no respect nor did he ever have respect for the movie and from day one, proves that his intentions were to change it gnificantly. If he changes the mask, I guarantee he will lose a lot of the fans of Halloween!

Keep it the way it is Rob:(
gussie8933 Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 09:15 PM | 28489
Damn RZ!

I cursed you till your 135th generation!

What's his next step???

Show young Jason having sex with a cow???

LÜCKMANN Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 11:54 PM | 28509
The idea is genius and I hope Rob follows thru on it.

When Rob re-made “Halloween” he was kind of boxed in, he had to follow a formula and everything was expected.

With this, he bacally gets to do a “Halloween” movie with-no bounds, a clean slate if you will nce he’s not following the original 1981 sequel, “Halloween II.”

He can do what he wants, and that’s when I like Rob’s creativity and that’s when he works best. (Hellbilly Deluxe, Album and The Devil Rejects, Film)

I love “Halloween” and NOTHING can ever take the place in horror history as to the first time I remember seeing the ‘White’ Mask.

But, the mask (much like the wonderful “Halloween” theme) has become tiresome, VERY boring and expected.

New life must be brought in or the series will be just a bunch of Xeroxed formulas.

If you want to see ‘Myers’ just standing on screen for and hour and a half, you can; just pause any of the scenes with ‘Myers’ in any of the crappy sequels after my personal favorite, “Halloween III.”

For the FIRST time I’m very excited by any news out of the ‘Halloween’ camp.I ncerely hope this is not a bunch of hype brought on by a webte to get more hits.

The “Crapface” mask incident from months ago still lingers and affected my posting to this board.
kirk magnum Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 11:55 PM | 28511

When Rob re-made “Halloween” he was kind of boxed in, he had to follow a formula and everything was expected.

With this, he bacally gets to do a “Halloween” movie with-no bounds, a clean slate if you will nce he’s not following the original 1981 sequel, “Halloween II.”

He can do what he wants, and that’s when I like Rob’s creativity and that’s when he works best. (Hellbilly Deluxe, Album and The Devil Rejects, Film)

I love “Halloween” and NOTHING can ever take the place in horror history as to the first time I remember seeing the ‘White’ Mask.

But, the mask (much like the wonderful “Halloween” theme) has become tiresome, VERY boring and expected.

New life must be brought in or the series will be just a bunch of Xeroxed formulas.

If you want to see ‘Myers’ just standing on screen for and hour and a half, you can; just pause any of the scenes with ‘Myers’ in any of the crappy sequels after my personal favorite, “Halloween III.”

For the FIRST time I’m very excited by any news out of the ‘Halloween’ camp.I ncerely hope this is not a bunch of hype brought on by a webte to get more hits.

The “Crapface” mask incident from months ago still lingers and affected my posting to this board.

i am going to have to agree with ya on all points km, well said.
customcritters Thursday 12/18/2008 at 12:35 AM | 28514
I've got some information on the new mask I'd like to share.

The new mask isn't going to be stolen from Ben Tramer , but Michael finds it in a lake.

It looks nothing like the famous "Myers" mask we've all come to know and love , but it is a good mask that I think people will love once they've gotten used to seeing it.

Here is a link to show you all a "Blue print" of what the mask could look like
drewdaspriest Thursday 12/18/2008 at 02:13 AM | 28527
I gotta say when I heard of this news that RZ might not be going w/ the white myers mask, I was royally flipping pissed.

I was not a huge fan of RZ's Halloween but I can tolerate it and after watching it a few times I can say I respect SOME parts in it.

However,

If this movie were to not have the white mask I gotta say that you couldn't conder it a HALLOWEEN film then.

Mike Myers IS the shape... and is known for his WHITE FACE.

How in the hell are you gonna call it a HALLOWEEN movie without it.

If he wants to go ahead a make a movie based an another serial killer w/out a mask so be it... but don't put the damn Halloween name on it

sorry... I am just a little bitter about this I know this isn't set in stone yet so I am trying not to get upset about it.

I just get a little pasonate when it comes to HALLOWEEN if you couldn't tell hahaha.

KimmyBlanks Thursday 12/18/2008 at 02:55 AM | 28535

I totally respect what you said here KM and I think you make a lot of valid points.

I just think if he wants to branch out into his own ideas that's great...but don't put the Halloween name on it.
KimmyBlanks Thursday 12/18/2008 at 02:57 AM | 28536
Michael is going to have to have some kind of mask after all Mane is in is 40's correct? I dont think he's going to pass for mid 20's.

The question then becomes does Rob opt for a deformed and uber bloodied White mask thanks to the gunshot that grazed Mikey's face but tore a good chunk of mask and flesh off? or does he attain a mask elsewhere? being the season it should be set in he may have an easy time acquiring one. I have to admit Im curious and not in a negative manner. Of course Rob and the producers..franchise owners etc want to make money; so factor that in to the way the film is handled both with how it generates profit from the box office and from $$$ new merchandise.
ny ghoul Thursday 12/18/2008 at 03:31 AM | 28543
I don't see why everyone is getting so worked up over this.

First of all it's an unsubstantiated rumor.

As dashape80 stated, the only facts we know so far is the writer/director and projected release date (which I see no way of making).This wouldn't be the first time adult Michael wore a different mask, Halloween 5 anyone?

All the haters need to step back for a second and give Rob a little room to write a kick ass sequel to *his* interpretation of the Michael Myers story.

RZ's Michael made and wore many masks.

The white mask will be there, maybe not for the entire 1:30, but I bet it will be there for a majority of the film.
Snoballz Thursday 12/18/2008 at 03:34 AM | 28544
Not having the mask is not a genius move at all... That's like having a Jason without the Hockey mask.

It's part of the iconic nature of the character.

It's quite literally their "face".That's like removing Freddy's glove... It takes away what makes him who he is.I won't bash the movie, nce there are no details to be had... But if this happens.. it's a bad idea and I will already go into the film with angry feelings.
DarkArtist81 Thursday 12/18/2008 at 06:58 AM | 28557
Im thinking....the mask is on the first promo poster. So if thats the case...its got to be the focal mask of the film EVEN if Michael ends up rocking something else. BTW its weird....I see Jamie Lee Curtis's face in that poster hahaha.
ny ghoul Thursday 12/18/2008 at 07:26 AM | 28561
Michael is going to have to have some kind of mask after all Mane is in is 40's correct? I dont think he's going to pass for mid 20's.

The question then becomes does Rob opt for a deformed and uber bloodied White mask thanks to the gunshot that grazed Mikey's face but tore a good chunk of mask and flesh off? or does he attain a mask elsewhere? being the season it should be set in he may have an easy time acquiring one. I have to admit Im curious and not in a negative manner. Of course Rob and the producers..franchise owners etc want to make money; so factor that in to the way the film is handled both with how it generates profit from the box office and from $$$ new merchandise.

Yes, you are right. We are all rally very angry for nothing... But the fact that Myers could appear without the his old mask, is just freak. Many times I get myself angry for the remakes, but always watch them trying to look for something good on it, unfortunately the most part of them are very bad.

What really piis me off is the fact that RZ is making it ONLY for the money. COuld be, I mean... And why change something from the original? He could just REMAKE the old story...
LÜCKMANN Thursday 12/18/2008 at 09:37 PM | 28627
I've got some information on the new mask I'd like to share.

The new mask isn't going to be stolen from Ben Tramer , but Michael finds it in a lake.

It looks nothing like the famous "Myers" mask we've all come to know and love , but it is a good mask that I think people will love once they've gotten used to seeing it.

Here is a link to show you all a "Blue print" of what the mask could look like

misfit Thursday 12/18/2008 at 11:00 PM | 28642
Someone wrote on one of these forums it would be interesting if Ben Tramer showed up, and Michael swapped masks with him to gain a "clean" veron, rot and blood free. I think that would be a kickass idea. Oh yeah, and then kill Ben Tramer.

But I'm still offended by the thought of this sequel....ARRRGGGGHHHHH I like the way you think. Maybe have him stumble into ben do a head tilt rip off the mask then whip him into oncoming traffic and poof goes tramer up in a blaze.....then the opening credits could roll with some zombie rock as michael walks away into the distance....lol..... Seriously, none of us know what is going on so whatever Zombie comes up with will be cool in my eyes. I just want to have another halloween anyway they give it to us. If it rocks it rocks and if not we still have the other 30.....lol. I will say this! Toth held up the bullet riddled rotted mask in the 4 hour doc they released with the bullet holes in it so maybe that is what we will get with blood on the thing. Of course that was the mask from the ending they cut but imagine a ngle bigger bullet hole and there you go.
quietonthesetstudios Tuesday 12/23/2008 at 02:02 PM | 29196
OVERDONEWITHGONE
Bridge Thursday 12/25/2008 at 02:27 AM | 29347
I mean, he already stripped Michael of any supernatural power, made him into a bohemoth, took away any mystery the character had left, gave him long ass (psycho ) hair....

I agree with everything said EXCEPT the long hair thing.

What's "psycho" about having long hair?

I have long hair AND a long beard.

I guess I should be locked away in Smith's Grove, huh?

Ummm... yes!

haha, jk... I had to say it.
Evildsm Friday 12/26/2008 at 08:02 AM | 29410

I agree with everything said EXCEPT the long hair thing.

What's "psycho" about having long hair?

I have long hair AND a long beard.

I guess I should be locked away in Smith's Grove, huh?

I wasn't meaning it like that... I was saying that in Rob's films... the psychos usually have long hair.

Except for Spaulding, who of course had a shaved head.

But he had the gnarly facial hair.

I used to have long hair too bro, I loved it.

And it didn't make me look crazy.But just watch any of Rob's movies... and count how many people have long hair, especially if they are not "good" characters.

;)
DarkArtist81 Friday 12/26/2008 at 04:28 PM | 29431