Forums Off Topic
The Simpson's 20th Anniversary

Taken from the movieblog:

The mpsons celebrates a milestone never met by any animated series ever. December 17th 2008 marks the 20th Anniversary of the mpson’s own weekly series, now in its staggering 20th season.

In reality The mpsons hit 20 last year nce its first incarnation was in 30 second shorts on the Tracey Ullman Show between segments, but this day is the 20th Anniversary of the very first episode of the mpsons show ever on Televion.

In case you have been living under a big giant rock, Wikipedia calls it:The mpsons is an American animated tcom created by Matt Groening for the Fox Broadcasting Company. The series is a satirical parody of the middle class American lifestyle epitomized by its titular family, which consts of Homer, Marge, Bart, Lisa, and Maggie. The show is set in the fictional town of Springfield, and lampoons many aspects of the human condition including American culture, society, and televion.

Of all the ups and downs of the series, it has reached an untouchable status. They would have to quit on their own terms to want to bring this show to a close.

Homer has pursued pretty much every profeson known to man (despite his incredible inability to deserve them) and has met more celebrities than Perez Hilton.

Can you name your favourite character or favourite episode??
DaShape Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 11:09 PM | 28501
Man, mpsons are the funnyest cartoon in the world. South Park is good, but not compared to the mpsons.

My fav episode is that wich Marge and Bart buy 2 bicicles and found a place where he could take some tea... Something like these...

The best of all is the movie, right?

DOH
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 12/17/2008 at 11:39 PM | 28503
I think The mpsons reached it's peak in the very late 90s. I used to love watching it, now it seems to have run out of steam and it's just not that funny any more. Family Guy is by far the funniest cartoon going at the moment.

Apart from a few episodes when it first started, I've yet to see a bad episode of Family Guy.

This scene is comedy gold!

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=zHXi8h8H2VA
Sourfacedbastard Wednesday 12/24/2008 at 09:53 AM | 29287
I LOVE the mpsons...

My favorite character is Homer, he's so ubelievably stupid, but loveable at the same time.The most laugh out loud moment of the entire series came from one of the early Treehouse of Horror episodes... When Springfield is overrun with zombies...

Flanders is coming towards Homer groaning, Homer blows him away without hetation.

Bart yells out.. "Oh my God Dad, you killed the Zombie Flanders!"

Homer replies... "He was a Zombie?"

KILLED me... I laugh so damn hard at that one.

The second favorite moment was when Bart shook up Homer's beer on a paint shaker and put it into the fridge to sabotage Homer... and when Homer opens it up... A Nuclear blast of beer foam shoots out of the house... CLASC.

One of the best shows of all time IMO, I will always love the mpsons.. it never gets old to me.

DarkArtist81 Thursday 12/25/2008 at 05:34 AM | 29350
I hate that episode wich Homer went to Bral and everybody were monkeys, and everything were like a forest... Stupid editors....
LÜCKMANN Thursday 12/25/2008 at 05:04 PM | 29366