Forums Horror Collectibles
disorganized collective of thoughts: HALLOWEEN:RESURRECTION

Now being a rabid Halloween fan. . this is one installment that I just cant bring my self to watch more that once or twice a year, IF THAT!

So here I am at home ck as a dog, I deded to thow on my copy of H:R the workprint edition. . what else do you do when you are deluonal and feverish. . So i throw on Halloween 8.

Well what can I say that hasnt been said already. Conder this a comparative review against the theatrical release and the rough cut while reviewing the cluster fuck that is h8 altogether. I deded to talk about some things that annoyed the hell out of me specifically.

First let me say this. .

I applaud the producers for making an attempt to bring the Myers mask back to the original. Still as I write this, with a more refined taste in myers mask. . i have made no attempt to fill the void on my shelf where h8 ts.

Character development is so poor. Acting is terrible. is the character of "Deckard" really necessary? His little friend is so annoying, I just want to walk on screen and strangle him.

"MUUAAHH. . . C'MON. . NOW WHAT ARE YOU DOING?!?"

The workprint does a better job to let the audience know that the wining bitch. . er. . the dude just wants to go to the mall. .

Now the character of Booger. . I mean what ever the dudes name who wears the leather Jacket "Mr Lothario" the ladies man I honestly dont know what to say about this one. .

Sarah Moyer (played by Bianca) did a fairly good job. I wonder if it was intentional that she was specifically haunted by myers or if it was just a coincidence.

In the work print specifically in the scene where Sarah is trying on clothing and sees myers in the reflection. She turns around and screams. . in the workprint we see the firebird that Michael steals from the blow job in the tent couple speed away.

Why? why does michael stalk Sarah? a secret plot device being built in for a future installment? I know Mr Akkad (RIP) wanted Sarah to be the next Loomis/ Laurie. .

In over all compotion I have to comment on the use of the JELO jiggle scenes (think the H20 retcon scene where the mask is pulled back to reveal a chubby decapitated head).

one thing i will say though is the workprint is recomended for the diehard myers fan. . almost all the kills are diferent. no spoilers but myers faces a different fate in the garage. . with stupid results.

So HOW THE HELL DID WE COME FROM H20 TO THIS?! and regarding rosenthal. . HOW THE HELL DID HE COME FROM HALLOWEEN II TO THIS?!?!? keeping in mind that when writing this i

dipped into a fever of 104. . so my grammar might not be the best. . later guys
DEUSEXMACHINA222 Sunday 12/21/2008 at 05:29 PM | 28975
Now being a rabid Halloween fan. . this is one installment that I just cant bring my self to watch more that once or twice a year, IF THAT!

So here I am at home ck as a dog, I deded to thow on my copy of H:R the workprint edition. . what else do you do when you are deluonal and feverish. . So i throw on Halloween 8.

Well what can I say that hasnt been said already. Conder this a comparative review against the theatrical release and the rough cut while reviewing the cluster fuck that is h8 altogether. I deded to talk about some things that annoyed the hell out of me specifically.

First let me say this. .

I applaud the producers for making an attempt to bring the Myers mask back to the original. Still as I write this, with a more refined taste in myers mask. . i have made no attempt to fill the void on my shelf where h8 ts.

Character development is so poor. Acting is terrible. is the character of "Deckard" really necessary? His little friend is so annoying, I just want to walk on screen and strangle him.

The workprint does a better job to let the audience know that the wining bitch. . er. . the dude just wants to go to the mall. .

Now the character of Booger. . I mean what ever the dudes name who wears the leather Jacket "Mr Lothario" the ladies man I honestly dont know what to say about this one. .

Sarah Moyer (played by Bianca) did a fairly good job. I wonder if it was intentional that she was specifically haunted by myers or if it was just a coincidence.

In the work print specifically in the scene where Sarah is trying on clothing and sees myers in the reflection. She turns around and screams. . in the workprint we see the firebird that Michael steals from the blow job in the tent couple speed away.

Why? why does michael stalk Sarah? a secret plot device being built in for a future installment? I know Mr Akkad (RIP) wanted Sarah to be the next Loomis/ Laurie. .

In over all compotion I have to comment on the use of the JELO jiggle scenes (think the H20 retcon scene where the mask is pulled back to reveal a chubby decapitated head).

one thing i will say though is the workprint is recomended for the diehard myers fan. . almost all the kills are diferent. no spoilers but myers faces a different fate in the garage. . with stupid results.

So HOW THE HELL DID WE COME FROM H20 TO THIS?! and regarding rosenthal. . HOW THE HELL DID HE COME FROM HALLOWEEN II TO THIS?!?!? keeping in mind that when writing this i

Fever or no fever, I pretty much agree with you on this 100%.

Hope you get to feeling better and thanks for typing this up in spite of feeling like crap.
DaShape Sunday 12/21/2008 at 05:33 PM | 28976
ive been meaning to get on HB more often, i figured now is as better of a time as any. .

DEUSEXMACHINA222 Sunday 12/21/2008 at 05:46 PM | 28977
rosenthals halloween movies always get butchered by someone else
Johnny Bisco Sunday 12/21/2008 at 05:52 PM | 28979
H8 is money making evil

Remember "evil never dies...";Carpenter
kaizu Monday 12/22/2008 at 06:20 AM | 29047
Two things are extremely important on H8, bad or not:

- The fans really want to Laura's death? - Why Myers, a maniac with no feelings, should go back home?

The fact they put Bustass Rhymes on it enoy me. That thing about Big Brother of horror was one of the worst idea ever. All I have to say about that is that when I thought that it could be worst, Rob Zombie appears with Halloween....
LÜCKMANN Monday 12/22/2008 at 11:17 AM | 29065
Hey Alex feel better man! I have both my little guys home ck too!

Im afraid if i expose them to H8 they'll get even cker. What a piece of crap. People need to remember this one when they say RZ's was the worst.
ny ghoul Monday 12/22/2008 at 06:16 PM | 29093
h5 gets my vote for worst
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 12/23/2008 at 08:57 PM | 29222
Ok Michael Myers...Haddonfields pure evil the man who can't be hurt by anyone gets his freakin ass kicked and made looked stupid by Bustass Rhymes...a muc artist...WTF?

lukeslashernut Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 07:00 PM | 35238
Forget it bro. After seen RZ Halloween I think H8 is far from be a bad movie...
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/11/2009 at 04:22 PM | 35373
As bad as Halloween8 is, Rob Zombie's remake is far worse.
Remakes are Garbage Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:37 AM | 35556
well to 'me' I think Zombie did a good job but thats what I think
lukeslashernut Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:52 PM | 35646

First let me say this. .

H8 was like Halloween's veron of Jason X, or like Nightmare's veron of Dream Child.

Just horribly made movies that are absolutely pointless, but try to give a chance to shitty actors who need money.

They know people will go see it because, come on, it's a Halloween movie, so it's going to make bank.

I can watch this movie just to laugh at Busta Rhymes while he overdoes it in his role with trying to be the hard ass guy who can't ever be stopped. Lol.

Either way, I know I compared it to Jason X and Dream Child, but it wasn't nearly as bad as those failure's, but it was definitely up there.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:44 PM | 35676