Forums Horror Collectibles
MYSTERY REVEALED AND MORE!

Well Christmas is barely over and we are already working hard on plans for 2009. As many of you guessed in the MYSTERY thread we will be adding a new level to the forum here called the HorrorBid Icon.

http://i33.tinypic.com/23iuhjp.

Details on this are sketchy at this time but it will require 10,000 posts to achieve and there will be a mask given away to the winner. We will post more on that later as details are hammered out. Look for free featured auction listings on hBid and a host of many other perks for the few that achieve the ultimate level of HorrorBid Icon.

As for the changes that have been discussed in previous posts. Nothing is 100% concrete at this time as we are going to have a MOD meeting and discuss details further but at the moment here are the changes that should take place

~Collecting will receive its own section located where General Talk is currently at. (We are going to start focung heavily on the hobby of collecting, from interviews to excluve mask and toy updates, this will be the place for all the scoupe).

~Collection Hall of Fame (This will be an area where we will vote on the best of the best to make it into the Hall of Fame. From masks to figures this will be dedicated to all the hard work that our great custom artists work on year round).

~Behind the Mask Interviews are back (We have had excluve interviews with Nick Castle, George Wilbur and nearly all the top independent mask makers out right now. We will start this up again and look for many more great interviews dedicated to all the independent artists out there as well as individuals that are in the horror industry).

~No more Slasher, Clasc and Zombie sections. (These were great areas but we want to refocus on collecting and having everything split up really makes that difficult. Most of the topics in these areas already focus on collecting mainly so no real change there,anything else will now go in General Talk).

~General Talk will be dedicated to announcements and pretty much everything else. lly threads, games, muc and anything else will be permitted here.

~New Fire Starter banner. (Many of you have PM'd me about the Fire Starter thing above my banner and what it means. This will be a new achievement that you guys can earn by starting topics that are popular and that receive the little fire icon next to the post. http://www.horrorbid.com/forum/styles/black_pearl/imageset/topic_unread_hot. We will also have dedicated Fire Starters that will be our eyes and ears for collecting topics, movie news, etc. You can loose the Fire Starter banner if your topics aren't receiving much attention. Fire Starters will receive deals on masks and other items but more on that in the future).

~Contests and Raffles are also going to be a big part of 2009. Stay tuned as we have some really great stuff planned.

~New Gallery Section (this is being worked on and should be ready very soon).

Hope this helps to give you an idea of what we are working on. If you notice things out of place in the next week or so it is because we are working hard to get everything up and running. We hope you guys know how much we love having you vit here daily and it is all of our goal to provide the best te on the internet and we think these changing will only add to an already great time we have here. Thanks again guys for the support,

Justin, Joel and the entire MOD crew....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/26/2008 at 04:17 AM | 29396
Sounds like some good ideas to me!

Good job, guys!
Evildsm Friday 12/26/2008 at 07:24 AM | 29406
Great news! This thing of fire starter will make me post new topics every day! LOL This changes should bring more people here, and I'm sure 2009 is going to be very good year for HB, as the te is growing up faster. I'm a little sad because some areas are saying goodbye... Dude, 10,000 posts! I'm making my math here, and it's going to happen to me after 2019! Lot of work to do!

Justin, the DVD and figure collecting wiil keep in 2009, right? They won't have own section? And the collector's place, wich we had here a few time ago, won't back?

Anyway, the changes are great, and I hope be here for toooooo much time....

LÜCKMANN Friday 12/26/2008 at 10:18 AM | 29411
sounds good justin seth
halloween killer Friday 12/26/2008 at 03:04 PM | 29417
2009 should be really cool.
quietonthesetstudios Friday 12/26/2008 at 03:40 PM | 29421
That is fantastic news guys!

I'm really excited to see the new changes.

And the Fire starter thing is a neat idea, makes you want to post about things that get some attention!

And I can't wait to see who goes ICON first...

DarkArtist81 Friday 12/26/2008 at 04:07 PM | 29426
i want a section devoted to taking pictures of my My Little Pony collection. You all have to see my mint in box Pretty Whispering Meadows playset i have!!!

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Friday 12/26/2008 at 04:09 PM | 29427
Tommy of course we are going to have a My Little Pony section, what respectable horror forum would leave something like that out. Gluaco your right the DVD and figure collecting will remain and the Collection Gallery where you post what you have in your collection will be back. Forgot to list that and thanks for the reminder.

;)
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 12/26/2008 at 06:15 PM | 29439
i want a section devoted to taking pictures of my My Little Pony collection.

LOL...

Sounds like we got a great year coming up...looking forward to it :)
kweandee Friday 12/26/2008 at 07:16 PM | 29444
this sounds really exciting. collecting is what its all about with me.

pamelavoorheesRIP Friday 12/26/2008 at 07:54 PM | 29446
i myself am glad there wont be a slasher zombie section etc, it made it more complicated than need be and i never got around to looking at them all however i do think there needs to be a fan made section all on its own like there is now
Johnny Bisco Friday 12/26/2008 at 08:12 PM | 29448
Agreed!!! I didn't like how Slasher was seperated from the General talk. I do agree that we need to keep the Fan Made section...

Good Point Bisco! --Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 12/26/2008 at 10:03 PM | 29455
Tommy of course we are going to have a My Little Pony section, what respectable horror forum would leave something like that out. Gluaco your right the DVD and figure collecting will remain and the Collection Gallery where you post what you have in your collection will be back. Forgot to list that and thanks for the reminder.

Ok! You know I'm starting in this collecting thing now, and started by the cheaper: DVDs.

And man, my name is G L A U C O, not Gluaco...

J, even with this big head you don't have good eyes...
LÜCKMANN Monday 12/29/2008 at 04:05 PM | 29840
Really digging the new setup guys!

Great work!
deathrisingup Tuesday 12/30/2008 at 02:03 PM | 30069
Really digging the new setup guys!

Great work

Thanks!

We are really trying hard to get back to the collector/fan boy de of things.
DaShape Tuesday 12/30/2008 at 04:50 PM | 30087