Forums Horror Movie Talk
Bloody-Disgusting's 2009 HORROR MOVIE PREVIEWS

--DIMENON FILMS/MGM 2009 HORROR MOVIE PREVIEW--

-Middle of Nowhere (March 13; MGM) Olyphant will play a newlywed whose Hawaiian honeymoon becomes a nightmare when he and his bride are stalked by two killers.

-Piranha 3-D (July 24; date change likely) t, which bears fatal and irrevocable consequences. A mysterious stranger, played by Frank Langella, delivers the message that the box promises to bestow upon its owner $1 million with the press of a button. But, presng this button will multaneously cause the death of another human being somewhere in the world...someone they don't know. With just 24 hours to have the box in their posseson, Norma and Arthur find themselves in the crosshairs of a startling moral dilemma and must face the true nature of their humanity

-Trick 'r Treat (No Date Avilable; Warner Bros. Picture) The film features four interwoven stories that occur on Halloween: An everyday high school principal has a secret life as a serial killer; a college virgin might have just met the one guy for her; a group of teenagers pull a mean prank; and a woman who loathes the night has to contend with her holiday-obsessed husband.

-The New Daughter (No Date Available; New Line Cinema) Kevin Costner stars as John James, a ngle father who moves to a house in the country with his two children following a painful divorce. Soon, however, his adolescent daughter (Ivana Baquero) begins acting strangely, and the household is plagued by disturbing events. John begins to suspect that the mysterious mound at the edge of the forest may have something to do with her ominous behavior.

-The Factory (No Date Available; Warner Bros. Pictures) Cusack will play an obsessed cop who, with his partner, is on the trail of a serial killer prowling the streets of Buffalo, N.Y. When his teenage daughter disappears, the cop drops any profesonal restraint and goes all out to get the killer.--LIONSGATE 2009 HORROR MOVIE PREVIEW--

-My Bloody Valentine 3-D (January 16) n the remake Tom (Jensen Ackles) returns to his hometown on the tenth anniversary of the Valentine's night massacre that claimed the life of 22 people. Instead of a homecoming, Tom finds himself suspected of committing the murders.

-The Horsemen (March 13) Quaid will play a bitter detective grieving over his wife's recent death. While investigating a case, he discovers a shocking connection between himself and the suspects in a serial killing spree linked to the Four Horsemen of the Apocalypse. As Breslin grapples with each new revelation in the case, he slowly discovers a shocking connection between himself and the four suspects. Four Horsemen. Four unrelated victims. Four painful secrets. Come and See.

-The Haunting in Connecticut (June 19) In the tradition of such real-life horror movies as 'The Exorcist' and 'The Exorcism of Emily Rose', THE HAUNTING IN CONNECTICUT tells the astounding true story of one family's supernatural ordeal. When Sara and Peter Campbell's son Matt is diagnosed with cancer, they uproot their family to Connecticut for his treatment. As the family settles into their new home, Matt grows increangly disturbed by paranormal activity that seems to inhabit and possess the house. At a loss to help her frightened family, his mother turns to an enigmatic priest who appears to rid the house of its ghosts-- until the boy's condition takes a sudden and unexplained turn for the worse and their lives are put in grave danger.

-Daybreakers (September 11) It is 2016, and it has been 10 years nce the plague transformed ordinary people into Vampires dependent on human blood for survival. As the human race nears extinction and the Vampire population grows desperate for blood, a group of rebel Vampires battle military forces to save the last vestiges of humanity.

-Saw 6 (October 23) No plot details...

-The Descent: Part 2 (No Date Available) THE DESCENT 2 picks up immediately after the events depicted in THE DESCENT Sarah (MacDonald), emerges alone from a cave system following an expedition with her five friends in the Appalachian mountains. Distraught, injured and covered in the blood of her misng companions, Sarah is incoherent and half-wild with fear. Skeptical about her account of events and convinced Sarah's psychos hides far darker secrets, Sheriff Vaines forces her back into the caves to help locate the rest of the group. Trapped by falling rocks, the rescue party are driven deep into the caverns, and as one by one the fate of the misng girls is revealed, Sarah is forced to confront her deepest fears.

-Creek (No Date Avalable) The two will star as brothers on a mison of revenge who become trapped in a harrowing occult experiment that dates back to the Third Reich.
DaShape Sunday 12/28/2008 at 12:28 PM | 29674
SO TRICK 'R TREAT IS DEF COMING OUT IN '09? Great list by the way. Thanks for posting that Fenner!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 12/28/2008 at 05:57 PM | 29690
Nice list... There are some posbly cool movies on that list...

Didn't know they were doing a sequel to The Descent.

My Wife is gonna flip when I tell her that.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 12/28/2008 at 08:33 PM | 29716
I was hoping this would help get us excited for 09
DaShape Monday 12/29/2008 at 12:05 AM | 29733
Trick R Treat is still up in the air on wheather or not it gets a theatrical release. At this point, I really hope it just goes straight to DVD/Blu-ray. This is total BS, how WB handled this entire project. The same can be said for "The Poughkeepe Tapes". Although, that movie isn't a WB release, it still got screwed over. Paranormal Activity is another one.

3 movies there people, that the major studios really messed up on.
SithLord Monday 12/29/2008 at 12:45 AM | 29743
Trick R Treat is still up in the air on wheather or not it gets a theatrical release. At this point, I really hope it just goes straight to DVD/Blu-ray. This is total BS, how WB handled this entire project. The same can be said for "The Poughkeepe Tapes". Although, that movie isn't a WB release, it still got screwed over. Paranormal Activity is another one.

3 movies there people, that the major studios really messed up on.

i agree thloard. at this point i am just dying to see the damn thing.

originfan Monday 12/29/2008 at 02:16 AM | 29755
awesome list!! def gets me pumped for feb 13th!! and the rest of the year!!
Swimming~In~Blood Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 05:47 PM | 30240