Forums Horror Movie Talk
HELLRAISER REMAKE....

href="http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14779">http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14779

This ought to be

good. The French, as of recently have been tearing up the Horror genre with hit after hit. If any of you guys have yet to see "THEM", "FRONTIERS", or "INDE", should do so. Don't let subtitles keep you from seeing these films. I can say for sure, that all 3 of those films surpass anything that the U.S. has put out in quite sometime.
SithLord Monday 12/29/2008 at 08:42 AM | 29815
http://www.bloody-disgusting.com/news/14779

This ought to be

good. The French, as of recently have been tearing up the Horror genre with hit after hit. If any of you guys have yet to see "THEM", "FRONTIERS", or "INDE", should do so. Don't let subtitles keep you from seeing these films. I can say for sure, that all 3 of those films surpass anything that the U.S. has put out in quite sometime.

Maybe there is hope for this remake but is it just me or did he come off really cocky in that interview?
DaShape Monday 12/29/2008 at 10:42 AM | 29818
If is a "child dream coming true", why a remake?

Look what he said:

"I felt it was a good idea to do a new HELLRAISER. And we all know that the franchise has been killed by really, really cheap and bad direct-to-DVD sequels - I'm talking about HELLRAISER 4, 5, 6 - that we all hate. And we all know that the franchise deserve something more ambitious, you know, and more serious so for me it's a huge chance to be allowed to handle it."

Why the hell he didn't make a new movie, with a new story and point of view of a fan, as he called himself? Why a remake? I'll tell you why: MONEY! He is going to full his pocket and say "goodbye retardeds"

Keep my speech: HATE REMAKES

LÜCKMANN Monday 12/29/2008 at 03:53 PM | 29838
Good interview...the guy knows his horror and i like what he said about 70's horror films.

Im looking forward to a HELLRAISER remake. Im 50/50 on remakes but I'll briefly try and make the case for them:

Look at muc for example....especially rock. Over the decades rock muc progressed. Got faster; heavier; weirder; bands pushed the envelope of creativity but eventually you have a whole gaggle of sub genres with hundreds of bands that are essentially clones. So what happens? muc tends to go back in time to different roots and influences.

I think the same applies to movies.

How many different horror plots or stories can be made before people start crying "rip off!" etc? I see it a lot. Its almost unavoidable. Films like SAW and a lot of these money making mainstream releases are not necessarily being made by directors and writers who are horror fans but by film school elitists who are just making "horror" to make money; make a name; and snub true horrors.

The TRUE horror fan or horror audience is a small one. Go around the country to all the different horror conventions and you'll notice a lot of the same faces. The people who love MANIAC or INTRUDER or a lot of the old school clascs make up a minor part of the movie going demographic. Will we ever see revolutionary film makers releang truly KILLER films like LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT or HALLOWEEN or TCM??? maybe here and there but closer to no.

SOOOOooooOOOOooo....I think that bringing back clasc stories and presenting them today does a few things: it *****hopefully**** satisfies the blood thirsty curmudgeons like myself who grew up in the late 70's and 80's and it also introduces younger horror fans to the roots of TRUE horror. Give the kids F13 and a HELLRAISER remake any day over the piece of modern crap. Im a heavy metal fanatic and I have 2 boys. i didnt hand them SLAYER cd's. I introduced them into the metal family with the roots like KISS and PRIEST. They are too young for serious horror but I gave my boys old clascs like GOONIES; MONSTER SQUAD; TEEN WOLF.

The problem is if the remake sucks which quite often (ie WHEN A STRANGER CALLS; PROM NIGHT) they do. We did have TCM which was often and introduced the lore of LEATHERFACE to a new generation and it looks like F13 will do the same hopefully.

ok im ranting lol. anyone get my point? lol
ny ghoul Saturday 1/03/2009 at 03:45 AM | 30672
Good interview...the guy knows his horror and i like what he said about 70's horror films.

Im looking forward to a HELLRAISER remake. Im 50/50 on remakes but I'll briefly try and make the case for them:

Look at muc for example....especially rock. Over the decades rock muc progressed. Got faster; heavier; weirder; bands pushed the envelope of creativity but eventually you have a whole gaggle of sub genres with hundreds of bands that are essentially clones. So what happens? muc tends to go back in time to different roots and influences.

I think the same applies to movies.

How many different horror plots or stories can be made before people start crying "rip off!" etc? I see it a lot. Its almost unavoidable. Films like SAW and a lot of these money making mainstream releases are not necessarily being made by directors and writers who are horror fans but by film school elitists who are just making "horror" to make money; make a name; and snub true horrors.

The TRUE horror fan or horror audience is a small one. Go around the country to all the different horror conventions and you'll notice a lot of the same faces. The people who love MANIAC or INTRUDER or a lot of the old school clascs make up a minor part of the movie going demographic. Will we ever see revolutionary film makers releang truly KILLER films like LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT or HALLOWEEN or TCM??? maybe here and there but closer to no.

SOOOOooooOOOOooo....I think that bringing back clasc stories and presenting them today does a few things: it *****hopefully**** satisfies the blood thirsty curmudgeons like myself who grew up in the late 70's and 80's and it also introduces younger horror fans to the roots of TRUE horror. Give the kids F13 and a HELLRAISER remake any day over the piece of modern crap. Im a heavy metal fanatic and I have 2 boys. i didnt hand them SLAYER cd's. I introduced them into the metal family with the roots like KISS and PRIEST. They are too young for serious horror but I gave my boys old clascs like GOONIES; MONSTER SQUAD; TEEN WOLF.

The problem is if the remake sucks which quite often (ie WHEN A STRANGER CALLS; PROM NIGHT) they do. We did have TCM which was often and introduced the lore of LEATHERFACE to a new generation and it looks like F13 will do the same hopefully.

ok im ranting lol. anyone get my point? lol

I do ghoul and well said!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 1/03/2009 at 06:57 AM | 30687
Thanks BooMan!

btw speaking of remakes Ive watched the much maligned RZ HALLOWEEN 2 times tonight.....the second time with Rob Zombie's commentary which is the first time Ive done that. i dont know how many of you have but he does answer a lot of questions that seem to have bugged people. Anyway for those who dont know I loved it in the theatre then hated it the second time i saw it. Then hated it on dvd...nce then over the last year I like it more and more. Anyway....countdown to F13!!!!!!
ny ghoul Saturday 1/03/2009 at 07:20 AM | 30693
That was very well said ghoul, I agree with you as well.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 1/04/2009 at 04:28 PM | 30910