Ok folks, I said I would do it, and it has officially begun.this is going to take quite a while to get done, but I figured I would throw up some preliminary shots.
What I have here is the mass produced uber costume mask, which after comparing the screen mask to it, matches pretty good.
I could not believe how close it really is when it is not all wrinkled up.lol
I cut the facial area, and the strapping from the terribly painted flesh areas, and ended up with a slip over degn which is on my mutant in the pics.It will be made so that the whole Hockey Mask and strap assembly can be removed like a regular Hockey Mask.I still have to cut the straps and shorten them a bit so it fits the undermask nice and snug.I will probably use the mutant for the mask itself as it works really nicely as an uber undermask.I will eventually commison
an experience painter to add some detail to the exposed parts to match the movie head.
I had one of those $50 uber hockey masks off e-bay which I used as a shell under the latex to make it solid.I just glued it to the inde.Turned out better than I expected.
I did not like the degn of the actual fiberglass Hockey Mask so I thought it would work better under the latex.
As for the lower part of the costume.I will be ung the cheap costume shirt, but with a ton of additions and changes.that will be down the road though, as I wanna get the head fully done first.
I gotta work on the eye areas, and pad the straps a bit so they are not so flimsy.And after it is all done, I will probably have it freshly painted as well to give it that fresh futuristic metal look.
Here are a few teaser pics.
I will resurrect this thread as I progress.lol