Forums Off Topic
Watch Steven Spielberg’s first film: Amblin’

Steven Spielberg’s first completed 35mm short film is Amblin’. Shot in 1968 with a $15,000 budget, the 26-minute short film resulted in d Sheinberg gning Spielberg to a long-term deal at Universal under the Televion divion. Steven became the youngest director at the time to ever be gned to such a deal by a big Hollywood studio. Amblin won several film festival awards, and later became the name for Spielberg’s production company - Amblin Entertainment.

The film tells the story of a young couple who meet up while hitchhiking across the desert. Many of Spielberg’s unpaid crew members supposedly left the project before the end of the 105+ degree grueling desert shoot. For the most part, the film is lent, accompanied by some sound effects and acoustic guitar. Thanks to /Film reader David for sending this over.

I thought this might be relevant nce Mr. Spielberg has given us one of the greatest horror films of all times. Duuuuda . . . Duuuuda . . .

Duuda . Duuda . Duuuda

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yRVPUM2BFIU
DaShape Monday 12/29/2008 at 11:17 AM | 29824
That's pretty cool, I've always wanted to see what this film was all about.

I'd heard him talk about it in interviews and such, but never knew anything more about it.

Thanks for posting this man.
DarkArtist81 Tuesday 12/30/2008 at 03:30 AM | 30039