Forums Horror Collectibles
Jason Takes Manhattan Life-sized/Costume

Well just finished my "Jason Takes Manhattan" life-zed/costume. It is slightly small on the 6'5" but still looks great. The arms are not quite as wide as the part 7 on this, being the muscle undersuit takes up too much space under the arms. I decided to replicate the look from the beginning of the movie where Jason first comes out of the lake and on to the boat, and is very muddy. I only ever see costumes made of just the blue uniform wet, never the mud look.

So I used latex to build up thick mud, then painted with a mixture of tan, grey, black, brown etc. I then used mod podge on all of the mud areas to make it look thick and wet, as well as select other areas on the costume. I did not want to make the entire costume wet as it provides a better contrast with only the muddy areas, plus makes less of the costume brittle and heavy. I also created my own moss/algae out of latex. toilet paper, and cotton; and placed it on the arm area and waist. I also got the left sleeve and cuff perfect, as was very happy with how that turned out.

The mask I got was actually darker than the movie color, (Bellamy) as I had the arms painted up lighter and screen accurately. But I actually like the darker grey/brown/black color better. But I decided to use the mud color anyway, which would cover the arms; so it didn't matter. I had the Hock for awhile and it is strapped accurately as well, and a lot more yellow than the pics with the bad lighting can display. The shirt looks more wet in person as well. I just filled the gloves with paper, and connect with a rubber band. Sometime I will get pics of the costume on me for more poses etc. But for now this will do, and I am very happy with how it came out.

The gloves are also muddy and wet looking, and I did not use black leather because it has no grip for wearing, and it a lot hotter. I may buy some for display purposes though. This is about 99% done and still needs some touch ups. The lighting and camera do not do it justice so I can't wait for some outde pics. 1:1 scale of about 6'5" 250 LBS. But to give an idea:

sirbrad Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 01:46 AM | 30159
Wow...cool costume. Great pics

kweandee Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 02:19 AM | 30167
sweet costume.
condemned1 Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 03:21 AM | 30177
Looks good!

My g/f would NOT allow this in the house. LOL
Evildsm Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 03:56 PM | 30226
Yeah it is very tough to get used to trying to sleep with these looking at me The florescent lighting makes it look a lot whiter, it is actually a muddy darker grey mixed with tan. I added more mud to really max out the effect, as I really wanted it to look like he just rose up out of the bottom of the lake. I had an identical amount to the movie look but it just seemed like it wasn't enough. Thanks!
sirbrad Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 07:50 PM | 30258
That is a great job.
lblambert Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 08:56 PM | 30266
Where Jason sleeps.

sirbrad Thursday 1/01/2009 at 12:30 AM | 30307
great job on the costumeseth
halloween killer Thursday 1/01/2009 at 02:24 AM | 30315

those are 'WOW" pics man!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/01/2009 at 02:31 AM | 30320
part 8 is my favorite out of the series, i like the de view pics the best out of all of them

dxh8r4life Wednesday 1/07/2009 at 03:53 AM | 31290
Awesome pictures. In fact, they are so good I think I'm going to have a combalon.
Sourfacedbastard Wednesday 1/07/2009 at 01:37 PM | 31324
very nice costume brad!

sausagecake Friday 1/09/2009 at 12:00 AM | 31482
This is incredible!

You need to sell these!
DaShape Friday 1/09/2009 at 12:46 AM | 31495
Well I took this down today, and man did it suck lol. But it is a "costume" after all, and I need the mannequin to start production of my next life-zed/costume "JGTH." This one is also going to be fun! I did not have time to set the camera up and take costume pics as I usually do, but I placed the camera around the room with the timer and flash on, and hoped some would come out OK, and they did. Only problem with the flash up close is that you can see the eyes pretty good, and I don't use mesh because you can't see my eyes due to shadows and the undermask in regular light luckily.

So I darkened them out in paint for effect. But at medium distance and on you can't see my eyes even with flash, so no mesh is ever needed. But I just threw the costume on quickly for fun, and will take better pics of me in it later on. They are made to fit me being about 6 inches shorter than the mannequin, so when I put them on the mannequin the weathering/cuts tend to "rise up" with all the shoulder bulking I do etc. But anyway here are some I just took for fun. Insert spear gun and arrow in two of them! I love how the arrow one came out. (Mop handle) I wish I could take it without the flash, but it is too dark with the light above. Looked cool, but just like a shadow/lhouette.

sirbrad Tuesday 2/24/2009 at 10:28 PM | 37409
sweet costume man. you always have the most impresve Jason setups man. thanks for sharing
timbs2007 Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 12:19 PM | 37525
That looks freaking awesome!

It looks like you walked right off the set of the movie.

Excellent job and thanks for sharing.
Insomniac Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 01:26 PM | 37536
Holy shit!

Great costume and pics!

Me likes! Amazing job, my friend!

Congrats!

Best,

Lückmann
LÜCKMANN Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 05:53 PM | 37574

Great job!!
Michael Aspinwall Wednesday 2/25/2009 at 09:25 PM | 37589