Forums Horror Collectibles
WHITE MASK BAN...

See if we can go a full 24 hours without mentioning or posting photo's of it.
SithLord Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 07:45 AM | 30208

NEVER HAPPEN!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 07:57 AM | 30209
Weak minded fool. No will power, what so ever.
SithLord Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 08:00 AM | 30210
Weak minded fool. No will power, what so ever.

alright no white masks for a day, but I don't see it happening. The big problem is Chris, there are just so many white masks out there. Do you honestly think if there were as many verons of the Pit Bitch that is up for voting in the hall of fame we wouldn't be talking about them? Of course we would, but those masks are so rare. So few people have them or other masks of that caliber that they fall back on whitey. The problem is the white masks are so dang easy to make, there are so many being produced it is just what people fall back on to talk about. In time I think that will change as more and more people make the "perfect" mask. But for right now one more....

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 08:13 AM | 30211
SithLord Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 08:21 AM | 30212
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 11:12 AM | 30218
Hope this will do

kaizu Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 05:24 PM | 30235
alright no white masks for a day, but I don't see it happening. The big problem is Chris, there are just so many white masks out there. Do you honestly think if there were as many verons of the Pit Bitch that is up for voting in the hall of fame we wouldn't be talking about them? Of course we would, but those masks are so rare. So few people have them or other masks of that caliber that they fall back on whitey. The problem is the white masks are so dang easy to make, there are so many being produced it is just what people fall back on to talk about.

I partially agree with you J. I've made no secret of the fact I'd like to see fewer white masks on this te...I have nothing against them and think every collection should have one but they shouldn't dominate the te. There is another forum out there devoted to myers masks and we are NOT that forum. Personally I would rather see people who want to talk about nothing but myers stay over there instead of trying to turn HB into mm.net II.

Where I really have to disagree with you is where you say that other high quality masks are so rare that few people have them. That is mply not true. There are a lot of really good masks out there and they are not priced out of the range of most people. for example, the Pit Bitch you referred to cost me much less than Terry charges for a Warlock.
lblambert Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 07:45 PM | 30257
alright no white masks for a day, but I don't see it happening. The big problem is Chris, there are just so many white masks out there. Do you honestly think if there were as many verons of the Pit Bitch that is up for voting in the hall of fame we wouldn't be talking about them? Of course we would, but those masks are so rare. So few people have them or other masks of that caliber that they fall back on whitey. The problem is the white masks are so dang easy to make, there are so many being produced it is just what people fall back on to talk about.

I partially agree with you J. I've made no secret of the fact I'd like to see fewer white masks on this te...I have nothing against them and think every collection should have one but they shouldn't dominate the te. There is another forum out there devoted to myers masks and we are NOT that forum. Personally I would rather see people who want to talk about nothing but myers stay over there instead of trying to turn HB into mm.net II.

Where I really have to disagree with you is where you say that other high quality masks are so rare that few people have them. That is mply not true. There are a lot of really good masks out there and they are not priced out of the range of most people. for example, the Pit Bitch you referred to cost me much less than Terry charges for a Warlock.

No doubt Yukon! But I wasn't referring to the price of the Pit Bitch as much as I was the quantity of these masks out there. If there were 4 billion Pit Bitch's out there like there are Myers then we would be talking about them more. Am I making sense at all?

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 08:13 PM | 30259
No doubt Yukon! But I wasn't referring to the price of the Pit Bitch as much as I was the quantity of these masks out there. If there were 4 billion Pit Bitch's out there like there are Myers then we would be talking about them more. Am I making sense at all?Not really...the Pit Bitch is only one example of hundreds, if not thousands, of masks out there beyond myers. In addition to the indie artist masks, there is an entire segment of mask collecting devoted to vintage mass-produced masks that we barely seem to recognize here.My only point is that as a collecting te, we shouldn't be overwhelmed by myers while completely ignoring the majority of the collecting hobby.
lblambert Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 08:48 PM | 30264
I've always wondered, what if The HalloweeN crew went with the Emmitt Kelly mask over the Kirk mask, would we all still be talking about this movie if that was the case?? In other words, how many of you actually like the movie for what it is, and not just the mask??
SithLord Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 09:30 PM | 30271
I've always wondered, what if The HalloweeN crew went with the Emmitt Kelly mask over the Kirk mask, would we all still be talking about this movie if that was the case?? In other words, how many of you actually like the movie for what it is, and not just the mask??

not sure if it would or not Chris. It wasn't the film, I really believe that. I think the mask was just so different, so creepy that it became more popular than the film. I will betcha, there are more than a few people who collect Myers masks that either haven't seen the film or barely watch it at all.

It is the quest to find that one mask that has the "perfect" look of the original that we saw the first time we watched the movie. That mask that creeped so many of us out and had such an original look. That's what led to the collecting and the collecting turned into an obseson for trying to find Excalibur in a tin full of clearance items. Now that there are so many Excalibur's out there it is dying down a bit. The reason Myers masks aren't selling like they used too isn't because of the economy. That is part of the problem don't get me wrong but the real problem is the "perfect" mask is already out there.

There is no "film accurate" mask because the mask looks different in damn near every frame of the movie. Whether it be the KH, Devious, Fear, Psycho, Stab, NAG/AHG, the list goes on and on, the all are the "perfect" mask depending who you are. Its mainly just a matter of hair and paint preference now a days. From the time Sean Clark did the "small" back in the mid 90's through the DP converon days to the present crop of fantastic masks we all witnessed the evolution. The journey was fun and we got to see the progreson of not very good DP reproductions to artists actually producing sculpts and really nailing the look. I just don't think its gonna get better than what we have out now.

That's not to say that new films won't kick it back up but it will never be like the good ole days. Myers collecting I think will turn into the love of mask collecting as the craze dies down. That's just my opinion on the matter.
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/01/2009 at 02:55 AM | 30327

Every time I see this question posed I can just imagine some bizarro universe where mask collecting forums are being bombarded with debates over which of the hundreds of Emmitt Kelly masks out there looks most like the original. The irony is I absolutely loved the movie. It was the first horror movie I snuck into the theatre to see as a kid and played a huge role in my interest in horror movies. As I've gotten involved in the internet de of the hobby I've gotten so ck of myers and his pubescent groupies I can't even stand to watch the movies anymore.
lblambert Thursday 1/01/2009 at 03:34 AM | 30336
We should have an "ALL WHITE OUT" day here.

STAR TREK masks are cool to collect, if you can find any. But yeah, I've gotten pretty ck of Myer's as well. I thought I would never say that, but it's gotten stale, really fast.
SithLord Thursday 1/01/2009 at 03:40 AM | 30337
its still a fun topic and I think it was always semi popular mply because the movie was so good. I think horror collecting in general is fun whether it be white masks or those thousands of Emmitt Kelly masks floating around out there.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Thursday 1/01/2009 at 04:30 AM | 30340
I know for me, Michael Myers and Halloween will always be the icon... and what got me started collecting masks.

So I doubt I will ever get tired of that.

I do understand though that the hobby doesn't just have Michael, there are many other masks out there to love and appreciate.

I just don't let the crazies dim my love for it.

Just like I haven't let the insane TDK Joker fanboys taint my love for that film and the Heath Joker performance.

So white masks are great to me... In my own little world.

I understand what you guys mean though, the love needs to be spread around and all.
DarkArtist81 Thursday 1/01/2009 at 07:01 AM | 30353
White mask??? What white mask is that???

HorrorSanctum Thursday 1/01/2009 at 08:33 AM | 30358