Forums Off Topic
it finally happened today

red rings of death arghhh!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 05:48 PM | 30241
oh man that sucks Bisco!

You can pick up the cheap arcade model of the 360 and switch your hard drive over to it.

The newer "Jasper" verons are supposed to be less prone to red rings....
Evildsm Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 05:53 PM | 30243
Noooo!!!!!!!

Sorry to hear that John but seems we all must go through it at one point or another (some people more than once . .. and others more than twice).

However the new ones don't have the problems the older models have.

Plus, you can always send it in and they'll fix it for you . .. you just have to go a week or two without it (which sucks).

However, when we called the tech support and reported our problem we used the phrase "red ring of death" . .. they guy on the phone did not find it funny at all.

He actually seemed kind of offended we referred to it as that
DaShape Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 06:44 PM | 30249
im not going to send it in its costs 99 bucks and all they do is send you a refurb that will do it again, ill just buy another one for 200
Johnny Bisco Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 08:31 PM | 30263
im not going to send it in its costs 99 bucks and all they do is send you a refurb that will do it again, ill just buy another one for 200

It cost you money??? Everybody I know (including me) sent it in and they fixed it for free
DaShape Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 10:12 PM | 30281
Just curious, how long did it take for it to happen?

I've had my 360 for about a year now and no problems yet, but I'm just waiting for the bomb to drop.
gummi Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 10:52 PM | 30289

I've had my 360 for about a year now and no problems yet, but I'm just waiting for the bomb to drop.

Mine happened within 6 months.
DaShape Wednesday 12/31/2008 at 11:05 PM | 30293

you should call back and talk to someone else. they told my lil bro the same thing 99 bucks. then he called back and they said they would do it for free cause he had the red ring. everyone i know also got it done for free.
Swimming~In~Blood Thursday 1/01/2009 at 03:07 AM | 30331

you should call back and talk to someone else. they told my lil bro the same thing 99 bucks. then he called back and they said they would do it for free cause he had the red ring. everyone i know also got it done for free.

true but again i dont want someone elses problem, everyone i know that got theirs "fixed" got a refurb and thats not going to fly with me
Johnny Bisco Thursday 1/01/2009 at 04:02 PM | 30390
If you've had it for less than a year then they will do it for free. Infact, they won't actually do anything too it, they'll just send you a new one. Mine died after about 7 months and I didn't even really play it that much. I suggest if you get a new one, you should put the game you play the most onto the hard drive(if you have one). The console doesn't have to work as hard which in turn should prolong the life of your console. Plus, it's less noisy. I do that all the time now and it's no where near as hot or as noisy as it used to be.
Sourfacedbastard Thursday 1/01/2009 at 07:22 PM | 30420

Mine happened within 6 months.

Same here mine lasted up to x months and mine finally got the red ring on Christmas morning last year, now tell me that doesn't suck, but i saved up my money and bought me a new one while my other one was getting fixed, but after like four months of having my new one it too got the red ring, and trust me I was filled with rage....But my theory is if your going to buy an xbox 360, don't be surprised if you get the red rings.
Z willlllllllly Friday 1/02/2009 at 04:15 AM | 30527
i said screw it and bought a new one today, i bought the 200 dollar one and transferred all my licenses to the new machine

also FYI gamestop no longer sells extended warranties but best buy does! 2 years for 30 bucks and they will give you a new machine no questions asked!

also i noticed something odd about the new one

it said it came with a memory card and i didnt see it in the package and thought i got ripped off

well when i put my hard drive on it and started tranferring licenses it showed the memory card was there, its internal now! so now i got the hard drive and 2 memory cards
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/02/2009 at 05:06 AM | 30537