Ok not a horror film but going by some of the reviews....it seemed as if Tom Cruise's latest effort was a horrible schlock fest. Well........

I loved it. if you like WWII and military history I recommend it. We all know the outcome but hell that didnt stop a bizzillion people from seeing the TITANIC. VALKYRIE is a VERY well acted and crafted film. Cruise is good and it features "the who's who" of British talent. Nice to see a film that doesn't demonize every German in Nazi Germany as well! Its a film that you can definately wait to see on DVD but overall I liked it.
ny ghoul Friday 1/02/2009 at 05:19 AM | 30544
i really want to go see it so bad, I heard it was a great movie filled with good acting, but i refuse to spend 1 dollar on anything that has to do with Tom Cruise. IMO he is a brainwashing piece of shit and im glad to be a part of anonymous!!!!!!!
Swimming~In~Blood Friday 1/02/2009 at 12:56 PM | 30585
Your review gives me hope and maybe I'll rent it.

I was really put off by the fact that they are suppose to be Germans yet they are speaking English (I like original languages and subtitles).However, if the story and acting are as good as you say I might be able to look past it. Thanks for the review!!!
DaShape Friday 1/02/2009 at 02:39 PM | 30592
SWIMMING....I know what you mean about Cruise.....he's hard to take sometimes. Sadly if I were to judge films though on what the actors or directors were like in real life? Id probably not end up seeing half the films that I have. SO many hollywood people are dislikable scum. Cruise gets a lot of publicity because of the COS but so many actors are nut jobs. He's pretty decent and fair with fans and even media whereas other guys like George Clooney Ive heard are total pricks to fans. Look at our own Nick Castle. Then youve got total maniacs....How about the JEEPERS CREEPERS guy?!?! sheesh But anyway....i think Cruise is a solid performer.

SHAPE.....I know what you mean bro. Seems like the English accent is utilized everytime theres a movie about Germany; Greece or Rome lol. The way they handled it was ok though....kind of like "THE 13TH WARRIOR". When VALKYRIE begins the actors including Cruise are speaking German. Then some "dreamy" audio/visual effects are done and WALA! English it is!

again...overall worth seeing.
ny ghoul Friday 1/02/2009 at 05:46 PM | 30621
I was really looking forward to this movie... Definitely great to hear that it was a good film.

I've always loved the story behind this, being a huge WWII and history buff.

I knew I wanted to see it already, but now I can go in with some confidence.

DarkArtist81 Sunday 1/04/2009 at 06:39 AM | 30867
i really want to go see it so bad, I heard it was a great movie filled with good acting, but i refuse to spend 1 dollar on anything that has to do with Tom Cruise. IMO he is a brainwashing piece of shit and im glad to be a part of anonymous

You don't have to spend any money watching any of his films. Watch it over the internet. That's what I do, saves me from wasting money on a film that could be potential garbage. I watched The Wrestler the other night. Worth watching.
Sourfacedbastard Monday 1/05/2009 at 11:40 PM | 31089