Forums Horror Collectibles
The Spirit (for dashape)

Wait for this to come out on dvd then DONT rent it!!!This film sucked from the moment the phone rang. The Spirit gets a call in the middle of the night and what does he do? He gets up and casually walks across a huge flat to get to the phone. Hmmm, has he never received an emergency call in the middle of the night? Why would a crime fighter keep the phone that far away from the bed? Oh, yeah. That’s right. His slow saunter gives us a chance to see him in his underwear.

But worry not. He makes up the time by running along telephone lines in what has to be the most ridiculous effect I’ve ever seen. People were laughing when they weren’t supposed to. Or were they? That’s the trouble with this pic.

It has none of the seedy crime feel of n City. Samual Jackson who can be very scary is a total joke in this movie and never shuts up He feels about as itimidating as a poodle in a junk yard. With the exception of the last ten minutes all you hoped for from this picture is long lost and you just wish it would end.

After 300, and n City, Miller destroyes the Spirit franchise by trying to be the director. Guess what? HE IS NOT! The credits of the film roll over a series of drawings of The Spirit, done by Miller. They’re stunning. The masked crusader looks like he would fit right into n City’s gritty world, at least on the page. On the screen, it looks like Miller ruined a perfectly good storyboard by turning it into a movie.
Swimming~In~Blood Friday 1/02/2009 at 01:22 PM | 30586
Thanks a ton for posting up this review . . . I've been reading sometime now where pretty much all critics and movie bloggers have been trash talking this movie.

My favorite quote about "The Spirit" is this, "Not nce Battlefield Earth . . ." You know the movie is in trouble when on the TV preview they promote the film by saying the tag line, "Eve Mendez is Hot".

No jock Sherlock she's hot but that won't save a crap film.

It's just sad to hear that Miller ruin a potentially great film by trying to be a director . . . illustrate he can but direct, leave that to the profesonals.

This sounds so bad that I might just have to watch it now . . . when you said people laughed when they weren't suppose to . .. sound like this film could be a new addition to the "Camp" genre

DaShape Friday 1/02/2009 at 02:31 PM | 30591
hahah yea even i laughed and was like shit i dont think that was meant to be funny. def go see it for a laugh
Swimming~In~Blood Friday 1/02/2009 at 02:51 PM | 30595
WOW Thanks for this, dude. I was thinking to get it, but now I'm not going spend my money with this shit...
LÜCKMANN Monday 1/05/2009 at 03:41 PM | 31019