GUTTERBALLS by Ryan Nicholson

Ryan is the guy who brought is LIVE FEED and he's done f/x for many a movie on the indie circuit and sci fi channel. GUTTERBALLS has gotten A LOT of praise......i hated it. What toxic crap. I know its supposed to be another "tongue in cheek" 80s horror parody but the acting sucked and it was so over the top wanna be shocking....a f'ing 15 min GRAPHIC rape scene....cmon. pure shit for urchins and skells. The f/x are top notch....EXCELLENT and the killer is a pretty clever creation. But what bad acting; dislikable characters and crappy "shock" antics suited for 13 year old boys and 45 year old sociopaths. DONT BELIEVE THE HYPE!
ny ghoul Tuesday 1/06/2009 at 07:58 PM | 31188
really great review nyghoul
oldskool Sunday 1/11/2009 at 07:58 PM | 31734
Thanks mate! I wanted to like this film because the hype was real good and I thought it would be a more "true" return to the old school days but ugh....what a cheap let down!
ny ghoul Monday 1/12/2009 at 04:52 AM | 31775
i am so glad you posted this review ghoul. I have come so close to buying this every time i see it, but always pass because we have all been burned by the "hype train" one too many times.

Now I know I can pass on it and not worry about misng the "next great indy horror film"....

take care, Tommy
Homicidal9 Saturday 1/24/2009 at 04:05 PM | 33120
Hey Tommy

Glad i could be of help. I love gore and extreme films but certain films just cross the line. Mutilating genitals and gratuitous rape is not my idea of horror and insults my intelligence. Number one....its apparent the film makers looked for the most obvious taboos to induce a shock value rather than actually try and write a terrifying scene; secondly with some films I almost get the feeling that the films are fetish films masked as horror films. Wannabe snuff and rape? not for me. Thats how I felt about the much hyped GUTTERBALLS and its too bad because the director/fx seems talented. Lets put it this way when I watched IRREVERBLE or I SPIT ON YOUR GRAVE I never felt that the director had intended for me to make light of the tuations on screen or even worse "get off" on them. GUTTERBALLS gave me that creepy feeling.
ny ghoul Saturday 1/24/2009 at 05:30 PM | 33129
I can watch pretty much anything and not be disturbed by it. But rape scenes are some thing I can't watch. A 15 minute rape scene is just over doing it.
Sourfacedbastard Sunday 1/25/2009 at 06:24 PM | 33219