Forums Off Topic
Sam Raimi Wants Morbius in Spider-Man 4

Sam Raimi revealed his pick for the villain for Spider-Man 4 in the latest issue of Empire Magazine.“I like it in the Marvel comics when Spider-Man fights Morbius,” said Raimi. “He’s really cool. A vampire! I like that combination of superhero plus supernatural.”

To point this out, it might make sense to use him along with The Lizard nce both characters “use the same technology but have different animals involved in their research… one having blended with a lizard the other a vampire bat.” What do you think?
DaShape Saturday 1/10/2009 at 05:46 AM | 31630
im suprised the lizard hasnt been in it yet nce doc connors has been in all 3 movies thus far
Johnny Bisco Saturday 1/10/2009 at 07:49 AM | 31640
I like the sound of that.

Hopefully they don't pull a Spiderman 3 and only show him as a vampire in the last twenty minutes.

I'm jaded after looking forward to seeing Spiderman vs. Venom and in the end having to look at Topher Grace for 3/4 of the movie.
gummi Saturday 1/10/2009 at 09:23 AM | 31642
I'd love it if they throw Lizard in.

I was hoping they'd do Lizard and Kraven the Hunter at some point because it would make for a great dynamic among the three characters (the third being Spider-man, of course), but Morbius is kinda cool.

He's not a typical vampire either.

I'm a little concerned at that quote from Raimi, though.

He says that he likes the combination of superhero and supernatural, but there's nothing supernatural about Morbius.

He got his powers through experiments, not a vampire bite.

I just hope Raimi doesn't botch things up again.

The more he talks about Spider-man, the less faith I have in his knowledge of the character.
Turtle Freak Saturday 1/10/2009 at 05:05 PM | 31654
Sounds good to me! The Lizard was my favourite villain when i was a kid. Im sure they could make him look REAL nister!
ny ghoul Monday 1/12/2009 at 04:54 AM | 31776
i like the idea but will it be as bad as 3????
TekNik Monday 1/12/2009 at 11:59 AM | 31783
It shouldn't be as bad as 3.

It only sucked because they forced Raimi to tack Venom onto it after he had already written it for Sandman and Green Goblin.

Well, there are a couple more reasons, I suppose, but I have higher hopes for this one.

It would be kinda nice, though, if Sony would just give it up and let Marvel handle their own characters.
Turtle Freak Friday 1/16/2009 at 02:33 AM | 32154
I love Spider-man and the villians Morbious not so much.

I'd really like to see some else bedes Same do the next one because I thought all of em' sucked and if they do the lizard I really dont want it to be some gay shit like the new green goblin or venom.
DWN Productions Thursday 1/29/2009 at 01:06 PM | 33610