Forums Off Topic
Super Mario Bros Knocked Off As Best Selling Video Game Ever

That's right folks, Wii Sports is now the best-selling video game ever. And not just because it comes bundled with the Wii, but 100% because it comes bundled with the Wii. Shocked? Don't be. Unlike most video games that can be bought at retail, Wii Sports comes bundled with the Wii hardware in every territory other than Japan and Korea. In other words, if you bought a Wii, you bought Wii Sports whether you liked it or not (chances are, you liked it). With over 45 million Wiis sold worldwide to date, it's only logical that Wii Sports would start smashing records sooner or later. And before you brand Wii Sports a false champion due to being bundled with hardware, conder that Super Mario Bros. was also sold as a bundle with the original Nintendo Entertainment System during its mid-80's heyday.
DaShape Monday 1/12/2009 at 09:50 PM | 31814
Let me get this straight.

A bundled game is the new best seller by outselling the previous title holder which was also a bundled game?

I call Shenanigans!
Snoballz Monday 1/12/2009 at 10:31 PM | 31816
Let me get this straight.

A bundled game is the new best seller by outselling the previous title holder which was also a bundled game?

I call Shenanigans thats like saying windows and internet explorer are the best selling o/s and internet browser, you HAVE to have it because it comes with it whether you like it or not unless you have a mac
Johnny Bisco Tuesday 1/13/2009 at 02:46 AM | 31852