I can sum this up real quick, THE UNBORN should have stayed unborn.

Everything great about or good about this film was shown in the trailer (I hate it when they do that).

Honestly, I felt like I've seen this movie a hundred times before.

Seemed like it was just a rip from THE GRUDGE or THE RING.

Effects that were once cool the first thousand times I saw them become nothing more than a CGI waste.

The Lead, Odette Yustman, was strictly eye candy.

Now don't get me wrong, she is smoking hot but every other scene it's her in skimpy clothing (see the movie poster).

The funny thing is, the story itself had potential but the script, scares and pretty much everything ruined any chance for this film.

Maybe a different director could have salvaged something . . .. ahhhh who am I kidd'n.

How they got Gary Oldman involved in this is beyond me, he obviously needed some money and nce he's only in this film for a total of 15 minutes screen time, it's a pay check I guess.

However, Rogue Pictures' The Unborn took in an impresve $21,095,000 (estimated) for the #3 spot at the box office this weekend.

The only problem is, if they keep putting out crap like this other upcoming horror releases might get passed on.

People will get tired of spending money on horror flicks that were made strictly to make money. Movies like "THE UNBORN" have no art or creative involvement what-so-ever.

If movies like this can get made and released but others like "Trick R' Treat" can't see the light of day (even though Trick R' Treat already has a cult following and nobody has even seen it yet) then what the crap is up with Hollywood these days?

I'll tell you what, the art of story telling is dying fast in the Horror Genre . . . and greed is digging it's grave.

DaShape Monday 1/12/2009 at 11:07 PM | 31822
I can sum this up real quick, THE UNBORN should have stayed unborn.

Everything great about or good about this film was shown in the trailer (I hate it when they do that).

Honestly, I felt like I've seen this movie a hundred times before.

Seemed like it was just a rip from THE GRUDGE or THE RING.

Effects that were once cool the first thousand times I saw them become nothing more than a CGI waste.

The Lead, Odette Yustman, was strictly eye candy.

Now don't get me wrong, she is smoking hot but every other scene it's her in skimpy clothing (see the movie poster).

The funny thing is, the story itself had potential but the script, scares and pretty much everything ruined any chance for this film.

Maybe a different director could have salvaged something . . .. ahhhh who am I kidd'n.

How they got Gary Oldman involved in this is beyond me, he obviously needed some money and nce he's only in this film for a total of 15 minutes screen time, it's a pay check I guess.

However, Rogue Pictures' The Unborn took in an impresve $21,095,000 (estimated) for the #3 spot at the box office this weekend.

The only problem is, if they keep putting out crap like this other upcoming horror releases might get passed on.

People will get tired of spending money on horror flicks that were made strictly to make money. Movies like "THE UNBORN" have no art or creative involvement what-so-ever.

If movies like this can get made and released but others like "Trick R' Treat" can't see the light of day (even though Trick R' Treat already has a cult following and nobody has even seen it yet) then what the crap is up with Hollywood these days?

I'll tell you what, the art of story telling is dying fast in the Horror Genre . . . and greed is digging it's grave.amen to that. I went with Fenner today to watch this garbage and I am sad I did. We did however watch Gran Turino and that more than made up for the UNBORN!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 1/12/2009 at 11:10 PM | 31823
i was just going to see this before i read your review. i think i will pass now. thanks joel!

pamelavoorheesRIP Tuesday 1/13/2009 at 09:43 PM | 31893
lol yea my friend wanted me to go see it this weekend....thanks for the warning

kweandee Tuesday 1/13/2009 at 11:54 PM | 31906
Thanks for the review. This movie didn't look like anything I'd want to see anyway.

I prefer my horror to be of the zombie, monster, or slasher variety. But you have to admit, that poster is AWESOME!
Snoballz Wednesday 1/14/2009 at 12:30 AM | 31909
Thanks for the review. This movie didn't look like anything I'd want to see anyway.

I prefer my horror to be of the zombie, monster, or slasher variety. But you have to admit, that poster is AWESOME!I will say this Ballz, that girl had quite posbly the best back de I have seen in a long time!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 1/14/2009 at 12:54 AM | 31913
I knew this flick would blow...me and a few buddies chilled last night and watched TCM (the original gem ) and then we talked horror like a bunch of fat moms at a PTA meeting. Things ofcourse got around to POUGHKEEPE TAPES (from which Ive heard has been mightily chopped and edited and at this point the director seems to be moving ahead..look for a str8 to dvd release) and of course TRICK R TREAT and from little birds that I know we can thank movies like the UNBORN (they make $$$) for being the reason why we WONT see TRICKRTREAT or any other decent horror. The demographics of movie goers for crap like UNBORN or SAW is immense.....teens; early 20's; late 20's; couples' white males; black males' etc. Whereas films like TRICKRTREAT are apt to draw a much smaller audience. Good films usually lack the latest WB starlet and the MTV soundtrack. Its all about $. Im like...ok already then just GIVE US OUR FRIGGIN STRAIGHT TO DVD GOOD STUFF THEN! ARGHHHH!
ny ghoul Wednesday 1/14/2009 at 02:02 AM | 31920
yeah i could not be any cker of these types of movies. make horror movies damnit. not japanese terror rips! been there done that about 30 times now.

joelsparks Thursday 1/15/2009 at 06:41 AM | 32054
I tend to avoid modern films with "The" in the title so I would never had watched this anyway.
Sourfacedbastard Thursday 1/15/2009 at 02:32 PM | 32062