Forums Horror Collectibles
my bloody valentine (original)

i picked up the uncut dvd today ill post a review and some screen caps of the uncut gore later!
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/16/2009 at 10:05 PM | 32230
The fact that the MPAA cut so much of the gore out of this film is a tragedy. I too picked up the new uncut release of this clasc, and mply couldn't believe amount of great material that was cut out for the theatrical release. EVERY KILL had stuff removed that was never shown in theaters. The picture quality of the new footage isn't up to par with the rest of the film, but luckily it's not too bad. Also... you can choose to watch the theatrical OR the extended veron... which I loved. The deleted scenes can also be found seperately in the special features. I have to say, it was really nice to see the extra gore in there. Overall, this special edition DVD is definitely worth it for the uncut footage and some cool extras discusng the birth of the slasher genre.
Myers31TKD Tuesday 1/20/2009 at 12:17 AM | 32667
For me its one of the best solo slasher films of all time I'm glad they made a part 2,3 or 4 like with The Burning as well cause they work great just as one film, I've just got the uncut of MY BLOODY VALENTINE after recently owning the cut veron and figuring out how much they had cut out...but now after seeing the uncut my head is spinning with excittment and love for this clasc
lukeslashernut Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:55 PM | 35234
I really enjoyed the DVD extras about all the different types of horror films and the originations. It was a neat add on that really helped put some different types of films into perspective for me.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:46 PM | 35640
Myself personally... MBV is at the top of the list for the "BEST FUCKIN-A SLASHERS OF EVERY SLASHER EVER MADE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!" I can't get enough of that one!!! I would rank this movie right bede F13/HalloweeN... I can't pick a favorite out of those 3...

I really wish they would have made a prequel for MBV... Where it all began, When he escapes and comes back to Bluffs for the first time to kill...

I just think it would've made a nice addition... Now that were are in the Millenium, Hope like hell they don't dede to make a prequel...

They'll just fuck it all up anyways...

--Ryan
Harry Warden Saturday 3/14/2009 at 07:28 AM | 39674
This movie is one of my all time favorite slashers. It probably ranks just behind The Burning and anyone who knows me knows how much I love that film. The killer was set up so perfectly through the whole film and of course the characters were all ones you could actually like and that is one thing I enjoyed about this and The Burning making them much more believable unlike Jason or Michael and so on. I always wanted a second film but never thought they could have done the origional justice. The uncut veron only helps to improve an already incredible film and of course shows how much the MPAA cut or had them cut out of this film. I have found the extra footage doesn't always make a film better but this veron certainly did. Anyone who hasn't seen this needs to get to a video store or rental place and get it NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
cropsy Sunday 8/30/2009 at 02:01 AM | 53523
I actually hadn't seen this movie until after the remake came out.

I couldn't stand the remake but I loved this veron.

Unfortunately I could only find the theatrical veron, now I need to find an uncut copy.
chubacabra Sunday 8/30/2009 at 03:04 PM | 53563
Definately get the uncut veron. It is a must for any collection. It just adds that much more to this film putting it over the top.
cropsy Monday 8/31/2009 at 12:01 AM | 53600