Forums Horror Movie Reviews
My Bloody Valentine (2009)

Just saw the new MBV and despite that I hate remakes I actually loved it! Go see it!!

For Atkins!!
DrenTheLiar Friday 1/16/2009 at 11:51 PM | 32244
im going tomorrow
Johnny Bisco Friday 1/16/2009 at 11:59 PM | 32246
im going tomorrow

WHAT

STOP THE PRESSES! BISCO YOUR ACTUALLY NOT ONLY WATCHING A REMAKE BUT DRIVING TO THE THEATER TO SEE IT? It must have froze over....yep....hell froze over!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 1/17/2009 at 12:21 AM | 32249
im going tomorrow

WHAT

STOP THE PRESSES! BISCO YOUR ACTUALLY NOT ONLY WATCHING A REMAKE BUT DRIVING TO THE THEATER TO SEE IT? It must have froze over....yep....hell froze over!

lmao only because im a 3d nut we got about 15 of us going
Johnny Bisco Saturday 1/17/2009 at 03:09 PM | 32316
Not one to believe trailers as they always just show the best bits. But, I'm quite looking forward to watching this.
Sourfacedbastard Sunday 1/18/2009 at 12:01 PM | 32527
i ended up not going yesterday because we got another foot of snow in my craphole state and i sure as hell wasnt driving anywhere in it
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/18/2009 at 01:11 PM | 32534
I went to see this last night with my wife. Overall I guess I would give it a B... if it wasnt a 3D movie I would give it a D.

Its worth going to see just for the 3D.

Its actually very good (not the red/green glasses that give you a headache)!

The whole movie is in 3d so you dont have to keep taking your glasses on and off like I thought I would. The death scenes were very entertaining and the movie had a good 10 minutes worth of 3D BOOBIES!!!!! The acting was pretty bad. My wife pointed out that the main guy used to be in Days Of Our Lives... Parts of the movie that were supposed to be serious instead got the whole theater laughing. It was nice to see Tom Atkins in the movie though.

Go watch it!
CartyParty Monday 1/19/2009 at 02:05 AM | 32609
Juggs in 3D. I'm in brother! I will make it out to see this for Atkins and the Juggs.
quietonthesetstudios Monday 1/19/2009 at 04:02 AM | 32619
Juggs in 3D. I'm in brother! I will make it out to see this for Atkins and the Juggs.

Exactly

Juggs, Atkins, and gore in 3D! who really cares about the rest?
CartyParty Monday 1/19/2009 at 10:46 AM | 32634
So Booman and I just saw this . .. wow.

Remember, I went in thinking I was going to hate this movie but I'm pleased to say that's not the case at all.

My Bloody Valentine 3D is a Bloody good horror movie.This entire movie seemed like a tribute to the Slasher style of film making.

Where is that light in the woods coming from? How does the killer get around so fast?

Who cares!

Naked chicks getting sliced and diced, yep.

Some of the Kills were VERY inventive and were by far the best part.

Plus, I'm now convinced I want to watch all horror movies in the theater in 3D.

It wasn't as clear as imax but it was good enough that I think it added a nice layer to the film.

I only wish I could watch the upcoming Friday the 13th in 3D.

It's by far not the greatest horror film you'll ever see but if you like slasher style movies, check this out.

Knives up!
DaShape Tuesday 1/20/2009 at 03:58 AM | 32703
As Shape said I too went in with little hope and having not seen the original I had no idea what to expect. But I will say this, if your a slasher fan which I am you will love this film. 10 minutes of full frontal nudity, people being slaughtered by the minute and hell I may just have to get a minors outfit for Halloween this year, I thought it was creepy as hell. The 3D aspect only added to the excitement. Again don't go in expecting to see some tightly drawn script with fantastic acting. Go in expecting to see a good old fashioned slasher. It was a thrill ride with plenty of gore, boobs, and they even threw in a who-done-it plot, what more can you ask for? If you don't like this film go watch the f'ing UNBORN and re watch this, it will look an academy award winner!

de note: Am I just getting old or did everyone on the police force look to be 25?Two giant knives up on my end!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Tuesday 1/20/2009 at 04:30 AM | 32705
It was bad ass I'd say the best Remake nce Hills Have Eyes pretty much those two and the Thing are the only remakes I dig.
DWN Productions Tuesday 1/20/2009 at 07:03 AM | 32716
Saw it yesterday.....well it was better than most of the mainstream cinematic horrors that Ive seen the past few years BUT......the same ol' complaing from me. Too clean; pretty; .....too hollywood. Not enough grit and grime. To echo some of the good points brought out already....the boobage ruled; the kills were ck; the 3D was fun! But PLEASE no more cgi gore!!!

From a movie-going experience MBV gets a "B".......just judging the film alone? "C+"
ny ghoul Tuesday 1/27/2009 at 05:44 PM | 33427
Ok I wanted to see this film with my best friend but he said he had work lying bastard

so I ended up going with my dad who just like me LOVED IT, the 3D is incredible plus being a die-hard fan o the original they did such a great job with the remake its been one of the best going to the movies nce Zombie's Halloween.
lukeslashernut Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 06:52 PM | 35233
Overall, I gave this movie a B.

Obviously being a slasher flick, the acting is going to suck. The acting wasn't that bad.However, I think that if this wasn't in 3D, I'd enjoy the original more. I saw the original just days before I saw this one, and it was interesting to say the least.

The best part about these movies, IMO, were how creative the deaths were. They weren't all predictable.

The 3D aspect made this movie kick ass, though. It wasn't Friday the 13th part 3 3D where the machete comes flying at you all corny and crap.

Everything was in 3D. At the beginning, the group tting next to the bonfire, it was like you're just hanging out with them. The pick ax coming at your face. Blood spurting out onto you, and the whole shabang.

I really enjoyed this flick. It was the epitome of what a slasher flick would be, however, the 3D added a whole new dimenon (literally) to it to make it that much better.

Not to mention, the 3D jumblies was awesome also.

I also like that the "remake" didn't follow suit to the original. *SPOILER*. In the original, Axel is the killer at the end and not Tom. I thought it was cool that they changed it up because it left you guesng the entire time. You're thinking, "man, Axel is obviously the killer because of the original, because I doubt they'd change it". Not to mention everything points to Tom being the killer, and usually it's the "not so obvious" guy who's the killer. It threw me for a loop.

Regardless, I enjoyed this and look forward to the DVD.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:43 PM | 35638
I totally agree
lukeslashernut Friday 2/13/2009 at 06:45 PM | 35639
I loved this one. I had been wanting to see Harry warden on a big screen for the longest time and had to get the remake but it was well worth it. I loved the change to the story and of course Tom Atkins made it just that much better. I didn't get to see it in 3D until I got the blu ray but it was still incredible. My g/f even enjoyed this and has watched it several times with me nce and she is not a big one on watching some of these more then once even if she does to make me happy. I gave it a 8.5 of 10
cropsy Sunday 8/30/2009 at 02:06 AM | 53524
Well I finally saw it...on DVD nce the Japanese release in theatres would only play the dubbed veron nce it would cost more to add Japanese subtitles...WTF

I do still like the original but for a Hollywood remake it was way better than I expected

The kill scenes and SFX were cool,really in your face. Had nice drama. I like Tom Atkins and love Jaime King

For a remake I'll give it a ☆☆☆☆ out of 5
kaizu Sunday 8/30/2009 at 03:16 PM | 53565