Forums Horror Collectibles
How to Books and Dvds....

alrighty,

i am gonna try my best to list all the books/magazines i have used over the years in my quest to learn eveyrthing i posbly could about the FX industry. These are in no particular order...

Fangoria Magazine(who hasn't looked through these to see all the behind the scenes pictures?) Cinemagic Magazine Starlog Magazine The Monster Makers Mask Makers Handbook by Arnold Goldman Dick Smith's Do It Yourself Monster Makeup Book Tom Savini's Grande Illuons Books I and II and there are many more but these are must for the bacs in my opinion....

now on to DVDs

Mark Alfrey's Standard Molds and Castings Mark Alfrey's Ultimate Lifecasting Video Mark Alfrey's Sculpting Movie Monsters Distortions Unlimited Mask Maker DVD ANy and all Haunted Media DVD magazines(each issue has some kind of step by step how to on an aspect of FX makeup up, if not more) old school Death Studios mask making VHS.... Movie FX Magic Dvd magazines.... i will continue the list as i remember or find more that i have....
Homicidal9 Saturday 1/17/2009 at 04:56 PM | 32328
Great listing...I've heard of a few of those. I'm dying to learn how to do FX makeup. I've been fascinated with it for while now.
kweandee Saturday 1/17/2009 at 10:29 PM | 32355
I own The Monster Makers Mask Makers Handbook by Arnold Goldman and it is a fantastic read. Great list.

customcritters Saturday 1/17/2009 at 11:59 PM | 32367