Forums Horror Collectibles
Here's a Making Of Video for NATE'S Bust Clothes...

OK, I forgot how shitty youtube was with there picture quality. It's hard as hell to even read what I wrote... SO... Conder the Video for fun... The song that is playing during the video, (WAS) a local band from around here, and the Drummer is one of my best friends. I work with him at my job. The band has crashed nce then, but this was around 2002-2004 when they were still together and the song is called "Not Afraid To Cry". I love it!

Anyway, Due to the piss poor quality that youtube offers, I have posted pictures BELOW the video!

and at the end I have a Comparrison photo of the before and after effects of his suite! PLEASE State your opinions even if you do not like how it is done!!!

Enjoy!!! --Ryan

Then with the guidence of a Model Knife and a Pair of ssors I atempted to make the suite look as though it had been dry rotted from 20 yrs. underground.

In our Kitchen nk I mixed a batch of Muddy looking acyric paint in with Luke warm water and soaked the shirt in it for about 15 minutes to give it a base color of a all over dingy stain.

After that I dried it with a blow dryer to prevent any stains in the dryer. By drying this, it alowed for the stain to set up in the shirt. I then washed the complete suite together in the Washer followed by drying it in the dryer. On this was done, I cut the suite top in half, but still alowed enough left over to tuck under the base of the bust.

Now it was time to detail this peice ung acrlic Paints to make this thing look like it is Fresh From The Grave!!! I had my Girlfriend Jill play a roll in this by mixing me a pile of differant shades of brown and green for the moldy look. I figured if he has mold, moss and weeds comming from his face, His outfit must be a little moldy at least right? Unfortunatly you cannot see any clear shots of Nathan Grantham in the film, but the stills you can see, alow you to carry out an act for imagination

Finally the finished pictures of this piece. I had also added a Very Muddy look to the suite coat itself!!! I feel it has that Very Old Rotted, Graveyardish feel to it. I'm Very Pleased with the results to this! I'll let these photos Speak for themselves

What the hell good would all of this have been if I didn't Include a Before and After Picture???
Harry Warden Friday 1/09/2009 at 01:28 AM | 32477
Hell yeah!!! that's going to look great once the HEAD arrives. Can't wait to see it all decked out, Ryan.

SithLord Friday 1/09/2009 at 02:03 AM | 32478
Hell yeah!!! that's going to look great once the HEAD arrives. Can't wait to see it all decked out, Ryan.wait Chris is all on board with Ryan's work! Somebody pinch me! Ryan you have really stepped up your game my friend. This is turning out GREAT!!!!! Nice work!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/09/2009 at 03:23 AM | 32479
Wow! That's great work
kaizu Friday 1/09/2009 at 05:13 AM | 32480
Great job Ryan...can't wait to see it finished.
lblambert Friday 1/09/2009 at 05:51 AM | 32481

Now Lee chimes in with something potive!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/09/2009 at 06:14 AM | 32482

Now Lee chimes in with something potive!LM"FUCKING"AO!!! where in the hell do you get this shit from????????? That picture is f'ng Hilarious!!!

And just for the record, I told you I was going to work my way up with the big dogs!!!

Thanks for the "PPPOOOOSSSIIIITTTTTIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEE" Comments guys! It means alot!!!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 1/09/2009 at 06:22 AM | 32483

Now Lee chimes in with something potive!LM"FUCKING"AO!!! where in the hell do you get this shit from????????? That picture is f'ng Hilarious!!!

And just for the record, I told you I was going to work my way up with the big dogs!!!

Thanks for the "PPPOOOOSSSIIIITTTTTIIIIIIIVVVVVVEEEE" Comments guys! It means alot!!!

--RyanThat graphic was my exact reaction! And I couldn't be any happier for ya Ryan. You really deserve it!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/09/2009 at 06:24 AM | 32484
Well the last time I seen a reaction like that was from me when I was watching that reinactment of the Titanic you guys did... LMFAO, I actually spit the coffee I was drinking out of my mouth and as I recall I had tears in my eyes from laughing!

--Ryan

Harry Warden Friday 1/09/2009 at 06:33 AM | 32485

Now Lee chimes in with something potive!Would you have rather I used the giveashitometer?

lblambert Friday 1/09/2009 at 08:51 PM | 32486
Ryan Lee would murder me for what he said earlier tonight but the man had nothing but great things to say about you. I already may have said to much....
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Saturday 1/10/2009 at 05:50 AM | 32487
haha, I am just now reading what you wrote J... Any time I make anything, I always give it my all. It's eaer to make this stuff when you actually have all the supplies you need. In this case I had everything nessessary to make Nate's clothes. For the Majority of my projects, it's all made out of Scrap stuff I have laying around. When I first constructed one of those wooded knifes, I did it in my Grandfather's Garage where I found a Very nice peice of wall Panaling. It was the Older type from like the 70's, but he had it stored away as we are all pack rats and hang on to things we may be able to use one day. I took one look at it and I was struck by a revolation. I seen a Myer's Butcher Knife in that 4X8 sheet of panaling. lol... I made a stencil on a peice of cardboard free hand and then recorded it onto the panaling. Cut it out with a Jigsaw, de handle peices and all. Rivited it together and used a torch to burn the handle so the grains in the wood would show very well. Painted the blade with lver Aluminum Rostoliem paint for Radiators in a house. lol... Because it had Aluminum in the paint, it gave it the right tone for a vintage knife blade. The I mixed fake blood you buy in tubes with red acrylic paint and I made about 10 differant shades with it. I even used just the fake blood by itself. I figured with all those shades the knife would show his first kill all the way up to his "Not so long ago victom"... Dunno, I started a savings just for my Company that is bearly a company yet. lol... When I can, I intend to hit hard and give it everything I have to succeed. I don't give up and I don't let anyone tear me down about it. I feel the only ones who don't succeed are the one's who never tried. I areciate all the kind words gentlemen! It means alot! --Ryan

Harry Warden Monday 1/19/2009 at 06:47 PM | 32645