Forums Horror Collectibles
Friday The 13th (2009) - Jason Mask In Shadow Box

Friday The 13th (2009) - Jason Mask In Shadow Box by NECA. A true collector's item, Jason's Mask is cast directly from a film used prop. This ren reproduction of Jason's iconic mask comes mounted in a wooden shadowbox, ready to hang and display on your wall or shelf.

And for only $140 it can be yours (over the top huh?

)

I'm digging this however I think if I was going to own the mask I'd like to be able to wear it from time to time.

You can pre-order it here http://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=NEC11069&mode=retail
DaShape Wednesday 1/21/2009 at 06:19 AM | 32796
recasters start your engines!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Wednesday 1/21/2009 at 06:30 AM | 32802
Ahhh yes. Much in the same vein as when they did the Freddy vs. Jason mask and glove set.
SithLord Wednesday 1/21/2009 at 06:47 AM | 32804
This is were I differ from the rest of you guys... I would LOVE to own Neca's V.S's set and this one. One day the value of these will fly through the roof and you'll never be more happy knowing your sweet ass purchased one for the sale cost. Not to mention, you have to admit, those would look pretty bad ass hanging in your collection room no?

I do agree that 140 is pretty high, but then again it's made of Fiberglass and painted very profesonally AND it's in a very nice Shadow Box... If I am not mistaken I believe those are limited to 2,000 pcs... Not bad... I can handle owning a mask and not being able to wear it... It takes practice at getting used to it. Seeing as how the first couple masks I got had glass eyes and were uncut, I had no choice but to just display them and now it's not so bad to do.

I mean, if I can put it on, I do from time to time to take pictures and goof off, but thats bout it...

I did put my Devious on though right before me and my g/f were getting freaky and then I proceeded to say the line - "I wanna do it with the mask on!"... lmao...

Needless to say She wasnt having it and called me a nerd...--Ryan

Harry Warden Wednesday 1/21/2009 at 07:36 AM | 32808
Why wouldn't you be able to wear this.Looks like it comes out, and has straps. The Neca X mask is wearable. I have an actual pic of the mask and something seems off.I does not match the real deal. If it is casted from the real mask it should be identical.

real thing,

The bottom holes seem different, as well as the eyeholes.Maybe it's me, but the eyes seem overly large as well as the vent holes.The shape seems off as well. I would have to see it on an undermask to get the full effect.
wickedbeard Saturday 1/24/2009 at 09:41 PM | 33151
That's just more mass produced licensed crap to pry a few more dollars from the casual moviegoer.

Paint doesn't match, the shape looks off, and where are the bottom snap buttons? For less than $140 you could own a fan made hock that is a lot more accurate than that.

For people who care about edition zes, I bet there will be far less than 2000 fan made recreations.
Snoballz Saturday 1/24/2009 at 10:03 PM | 33152
well it is cheaper than most indie masks...............
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/25/2009 at 02:06 AM | 33162
maybe it's just me, but the entire shape of the mask seems off to me. The entire nose area seems much much lower on the NECA one as compared to the movie picture posted.

take care, Tommy

btw....i completely agree with everything Snoballz just posted as well.
Homicidal9 Sunday 1/25/2009 at 03:24 AM | 33182
Yeah I do not entirely trust Neca's vion on things like this. we all know how their 300 helmets looked right?lololol
wickedbeard Sunday 1/25/2009 at 09:56 AM | 33202
upon further review (i ws drunk when i looked at it last night) it does look off to me, i prefer the old style anyways
Johnny Bisco Sunday 1/25/2009 at 01:50 PM | 33208
Seems off to me as well....id rather have an indie mask and get or make my own display case. I'd accept this as a t though

ny ghoul Sunday 1/25/2009 at 08:12 PM | 33226
recasters start your engines!

Chyea!

It looks OK.
DrenTheLiar Monday 1/26/2009 at 01:27 AM | 33279
I did put my Devious on though right before me and my g/f were getting freaky and then I proceeded to say the line - "I wanna do it with the mask on!"... lmao...

Needless to say She wasnt having it and called me a nerd...--RyanNow that's funny. Only you, nipple maniac!

So, this is a great piece indeed. Not to expenve, right? And a prop from the movie could be goog to put over some pics of my mother-in-law on th wall. And as Wicked said, it's look to be wearable, as we can see it have the straps and normal ze.
LÜCKMANN Monday 1/26/2009 at 09:45 AM | 33317