Forums Horror Collectibles
Fast or Slow moving Zombies?

Do you think that fast moving zombies like in "28 DAYS LATER" and the "DAWN OF THE DEAD" remake are the best or slow moving zombies like in the clascs are the best?

In films I

prefer the fast moving zombies myself but if it's a video game . . . absolutely slow moving zombies are the best What's your favorite?
DaShape Friday 1/23/2009 at 12:35 AM | 32970
As we all know, real zombies have would rigor mortis setting into rotting flesh.

There's no way they could run or climb walls.

It's not as if their solanum contaminated brains could even calculate the chances of a successful kill, if they ran at them.

For movies, I don't mind a quick zombie every now and then, but it's nowhere near fact or set in reality. I prefer my zombie to resemble the real world kind, slow and moaning.
Snoballz Friday 1/23/2009 at 01:26 AM | 32976
As we all know, real zombies have would rigor mortis setting into rotting flesh.

There's no way they could run or climb walls.

It's not as if their solanum contaminated brains could even calculate the chances of a successful kill, if they ran at them.

For movies, I don't mind a quick zombie every now and then, but it's nowhere near fact or set in reality. I prefer my zombie to resemble the real world kind, slow and moaning.

Great point Snoballz, coming from a medical background however rigor mortis dispates as time goes on. Say 24 to 48 hours the stiffness is already going away. The longer your dead the more relaxed your muscles and tissues get. Now this is a tough area to debate,

after all your dead and your rotting so it would be really tough to even walk but I would say if you had a one month old corpse at the right temperature and it became animated, said zombie could potentially walk briskly or run. LOL! What a great topic!

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Friday 1/23/2009 at 02:23 AM | 32980
I don't care what you say... if you're DEAD, you're not going to be your old track running self. You're going to be DEAD, slow moving, and hungry for human flesh. Slow moving zombies for me.

ZOMBIES
Myers31TKD Friday 1/23/2009 at 05:17 PM | 33030
LOL...

I like em both...I know gotta be difficult

but seriously I do. Now if I had to choose which more likely I'd be afraid of if it came down to zombies really exsting then the fast ones definately. I'd probably have heart failure to see one actually running at me

kweandee Friday 1/23/2009 at 09:43 PM | 33059
me i want fast ones coming right at me.tarman has my back.
condemned1 Saturday 1/24/2009 at 02:48 AM | 33087
i like them both. it doesnt really matter. they both look the same after getting shot with a gaugeseth
halloween killer Sunday 1/25/2009 at 02:53 AM | 33173
Slow moving zombies are creepier. I would more terrified of a 1000 slow moving zombies coming my way than 1000 fast moving zombies that would probably trip over each other.ZOMBIES
krueger4653 Sunday 1/25/2009 at 02:57 AM | 33177
The slower the better

You can make up a better story and add more action & suspense to a movie when they move slow

kaizu Sunday 1/25/2009 at 03:05 AM | 33179
SSSSSLLLLLLLOOOOOOOWWWWWW maggot ridden; offal drooling; moaning brain hungry zombies!
ny ghoul Sunday 1/25/2009 at 08:27 PM | 33231
definitely slow...the fast moving zombies are just a recent development for the ADD generation
lblambert Monday 1/26/2009 at 03:24 AM | 33294
definitely slow...the fast moving zombies are just a recent development for the ADD generation

LOL! I agree! Like someone posted. A field full of slow zombies is just creepy as hell. The fast zombies while I wouldn't want to come face to face with one just doesn't bother me as much as being over ran by a group of slow pokes. Plus with the slow ones at least you have a shot at living.

Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 1/26/2009 at 05:26 AM | 33305
Ever nce 28 Days Later I have to say that I prefer the fast movers.

The slow moving zombies are definitely creepy, but the fast moving ones would be terrifying.

I guess I should go see my doctor now to make sure I don't have ADD.

gummi Monday 1/26/2009 at 07:32 AM | 33309
Ever nce 28 Days Later I have to say that I prefer the fast movers.

The slow moving zombies are definitely creepy, but the fast moving ones would be terrifying.

I guess I should go see my doctor now to make sure I don't have ADD.i agree. i would freak out if a bunch of spier crawling fast zombies were coming at me.

dqd1985 Tuesday 1/27/2009 at 07:29 AM | 33405
I'm still new to the zombie films. Either is fine with me...for now, eheh.
DrenTheLiar Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 02:16 AM | 33457
Definately slow.
Bloodwave DVD Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 03:11 AM | 35130
It depends. If the action is too slow with th slow zombies than I would reather see faster zombies - cause sometimes it can get quite boring .
Klempo Tuesday 2/10/2009 at 09:33 AM | 35178
I like slow moving but I think fast moving are scarier.
Michael Aspinwall Thursday 2/19/2009 at 11:03 PM | 36645
I like a bit of both. But on the whole prefer fast moving ones.
Sourfacedbastard Friday 2/20/2009 at 01:46 PM | 36702
Really hard to say. The fast zombies like DOTD are good, 'cos they are really hungry and recent dead, so they can run as well. But the slower are more creep, you know. I prefer the slow too. If they are like they said on the films, brain dead and primitive thoughts, why do they run?

Slow, of course....
LÜCKMANN Friday 2/20/2009 at 09:16 PM | 36731
Great point Snoballz, coming from a medical background however rigor mortis dispates as time goes on. Say 24 to 48 hours the stiffness is already going away. The longer your dead the more relaxed your muscles and tissues get. Now this is a tough area to debate,

after all your dead and your rotting so it would be really tough to even walk but I would say if you had a one month old corpse at the right temperature and it became animated, said zombie could potentially walk briskly or run. LOL! What a great topic!

What a great response!

And, I prefer my zombies to be slow-moving and veddy, veddy rotten-looking, thank you.
lollirot Saturday 2/21/2009 at 04:35 AM | 36859