Forums Horror Movie Talk
"Gran Torino"

If you want to see a movie that is rich with story, plot and character development then why haven't you seen this yet?

The IMDB description: Disgruntled Korean War vet Walt Kowalski sets out to reform his neighbor, a young Hmong teenager, who tried to steal Kowalski's prized posseson: his 1972 Gran Torino.

Wow, there is so much more to this film than that tag line but the only thing I could add is how at first you think Walt Kowalski (Eastwood) is a racist old man but you soon learn that negativity is his attitude towards everybody.

I didn't think it was as powerful as "Million Dollar Baby" but still top notch for a guy who is 78 years old.

(I'd be happy to be alive at 78 let along directing and acting in one of the best films of the year).

Go see this film
DaShape Friday 1/23/2009 at 04:42 AM | 32996
Best movie I've seen this year...
Z willlllllllly Wednesday 1/28/2009 at 11:35 PM | 33549
This is such an incredible and powerful movie that everyone should see IMO. I put this up as high and maybe higher then Million Dollar Baby actually. Both stories were great but this just seemed to be more to me. Eastwood is just amazing and the rest of the cast is great. My step father never buys movies on dvd and ran out the first day to buy this one. That alone told me I had to see it and am so glad I did.
cropsy Sunday 8/30/2009 at 02:10 AM | 53525
This was somewhat of a disappointment to me because I expect the Dirty Harry style Clint in this and I think there was barely a shot fired in the whole movie. A good movie but still...not what I expected.
DrenTheLiar Sunday 8/30/2009 at 12:29 PM | 53558