Forums Horror Collectibles
Any tips for fitting a shirt on a display bust?

Hello everyone.

I'm going to be putting together a display bust soon and was wondering if any of you could give me some tips on cutting and folding a collared shirt so that it fits without bunching.

As you can see, the mannequin bust that I'll be ung is fairly small in the torso area, so there is going to be a lot of material that I need to trim.

I wanted to get some feedback from those of you who have done it before I start hacking away and ruin a good shirt.

Thanks in advance for any help.

gummi Sunday 1/25/2009 at 06:02 AM | 33195
Great question Gummster! I have tried this myself a time or two and never had very good results. Looking forward to hearing some tips!!!!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Sunday 1/25/2009 at 07:09 AM | 33198
Hey BooMan.

I posted this question over at MM.net also.

Here's the link if you want to keep an eye on it as well: http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43862.

One of the members over there already posted a really good idea, and I'm waiting on a pm from another.
gummi Sunday 1/25/2009 at 10:07 AM | 33203
Hey BooMan.

I posted this question over at MM.net also.

Here's the link if you want to keep an eye on it as well: http://www.michael-myers.net/phpBB/viewtopic.php?f=1&t=43862.

One of the members over there already posted a really good idea, and I'm waiting on a pm from another.

Hmmm...a funny thing happened I'm at work and I clicked on the link to go over to mm.net and it said there was a permanent ban on my IP address...lol I have no idea why I hardly ever went on there. Well maybe that's why but in any case isn't IP address individual per computer...if so wouldn't the ban have been on my home comp? I don't remember ever going on there while I was here. Odd.....
kweandee Sunday 1/25/2009 at 05:32 PM | 33216
thanks for the heads up Gummi! That actually will help out quite a bit! I am getting ready to fit one to a display head as we speak!
Horror Domain - Cursed Evil Overlord Monday 1/26/2009 at 12:06 AM | 33260
Well it worked this time...I was able to loggin from my house. That was strange...lol

kweandee Monday 1/26/2009 at 12:07 PM | 33321
Well BooMan, it looks like we're out of luck.

Apparently nobody here has ever made a display bust before.Come on guys, any tips would be appreciated, no matter how minor.
gummi Tuesday 1/27/2009 at 07:29 AM | 33406