Forums Horror Movie Talk
Troma movies

Do you like Troma movies? I do cause they are so cheap, crazy and funny. If you like Troma movies which five movies would be your favorite?

My fav: 1. Surf nazis must die 2. Class of nukem high 3. The toxic avanger 4. Killer Condom 5. Poultrygeist! Night of the chicken dead
Klempo Friday 1/30/2009 at 11:30 PM | 33806
I used to be a big fan of Troma movies. Haven't seen any in years, but I remember loving Toxic Avenger, Surf Nazis, and Class of Nukem High.Great, now I've got more movies to catch up on.
Snoballz Friday 1/30/2009 at 11:58 PM | 33810
Yeah I liked Toxic; Surf; and Class;...ade from Toxic Avenger which I still like a lot i think I prefered most Troma films when I was a kid. I cant seem to get into them nowadays.
ny ghoul Saturday 1/31/2009 at 04:58 AM | 33855
As a general rule, the movies Troma makes themselves are pretty entertaining however the movies they distribute are more often then not terrible wastes of time (#1 exception being Cannibal: The Mucal from Trey Parker and Matt Stone).

The original Toxic Avenger of course is a true cult clasc. Toxic Avenger 4 is also good along with Class of Nuke Em High (probably my second favorite Troma flick next to the original Toxic Avenger).

I was mainly into Troma Films in High School and the few years following. Now, many years later I found their newest film, Poultrygeist: Night of the Chicken Dead a bit lame but it did have a few funny moments (and some great non-CGI special effects) despite having all the clasc Troma elements.

Despite slightly growing out of Tromaville's style I will always have a ton of respect for the studio and Lloyd Kaufman.
FilmFiends Thursday 3/19/2009 at 06:50 AM | 40124
I own the Toxic Avenger box set on DVD.

I love the 1st and 4th the best.

Never really took an interest in seeing any other Troma films.

Maybe I'm misng out.

Then again maybe not.
Insomniac Thursday 3/19/2009 at 08:27 AM | 40130
one thing i love thqat troma does is that they give indie film makers a chance that other companies wont give when it comes to getting their films out
Johnny Bisco Friday 3/20/2009 at 12:50 PM | 40257
Terror Firmer Decampitated.....Distributed by Troma Combat Shock....also distributed by Troma
woodenheart Tuesday 4/06/2010 at 10:32 PM | 63377
holy crap, I actually packaged and shipped a Troma box set out today from work!

I've seen the TA films, cool. I've seen Poultrygeist, and it was at it's film debut 2 years ago in Indiana at the Artcraft Theater.

If you haven't seen Poultrygeist, you haven't seen a movie. The character actors in this film are amazing.
aceofspades70 Wednesday 4/07/2010 at 12:30 AM | 63380
Troma has always been my first love when it comes to movies

I LOVE independent horror, it is my above all preferred genre. Everything Lloyd Kauffman comes up with a mutilated masterpiece, and I adore that 1) The Toxic Avenger 2) The Toxic Avenger 4 : Citezen Toxie 3) Sgt. kabukiman NYPD 4) Poltrygeist 5) Terrafermer
Harvey0005 Wednesday 4/07/2010 at 11:19 PM | 63399