Forums Off Topic
congrats to the Steelers

my Cards almost pulled it off great game!
Johnny Bisco Monday 2/02/2009 at 02:11 AM | 34052
Way to go Steelers!

I knew it would be a close game, but that was an emotional roller coaster at the end.Definitely one of the most exciting games in recent memory.

I'd put it second behind the 2007 Fiesta Bowl.

I can finally relax a bit...the Steelers have been hell on my nerves this year.

Here's to number x! http://i9.photobucket.com/albums/a71/gummi05/SteelersSmiley.
gummi Monday 2/02/2009 at 04:28 AM | 34065
I dont wanna be the guy with sour grapes and let me say congrats to the Steelers who made two amazing plays (the intercept/TD and the winning drive)...BUT......

Could the refs have called a shittier game??? roughing the passer?!?!?! the Cromartie face mask? what about the Steeler who mugged/punched/kicked down the Cardinal and only got a 15 yard penalty where both Madden and michaels said he should have been thrown out.

In the end the Cards couldn't hold the STeelers who had to go 88 yards. Im not saying the Cards were robbed and they certainly made a bunch of stupid moves but the Cards DEFINATELY suffered some VERY questionable game altering calls. Anyway props to Big Ben!
ny ghoul Monday 2/02/2009 at 02:08 PM | 34102
what about the roughing the place holder call ive never seen that one before
Johnny Bisco Monday 2/02/2009 at 08:28 PM | 34122
what about the roughing the place holder call ive never seen that one before

ive seen this one before a few times this season.
Swimming~In~Blood Monday 2/02/2009 at 11:57 PM | 34132
Seemed real 'ticky tac" for the Superbowl. I can see if its the kicker....but for petes sake let them play. The other thing was the celebration antics by Holmes. I understand the guy caught the posble winning pass BUT if you're going to enforce crap like running into the holder...then you have to enforce the 15 yard penalty for the celebrating which he would have gotten hit with in ANY regular season game. 15 yards back on the kickoff and barring a mile long boot by the kicker the Cards get the ball around their 45 with 35 seconds and 2 time outs left. I like them odds ALOT better!
ny ghoul Tuesday 2/03/2009 at 12:59 AM | 34141
The refs were completely against the Cards in the first half.

Third quarter, they got the calls right, and starting calling fouls on Pitt, but in the 4th quarter it was a disaster.

The Cards shouldn't have lost this game. The winning TD catch wasn't a catch, he didn't get both feet down, but the evidence they had wasn't clear enough to overturn it.

Congrats to the Steelers on 2 Super Bowl wins thanks to the zebras.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 08:50 PM | 35677
I wasn't even going to bother and bring it up but nce its mentioned again...last week when the photos of the non catch were released i almost drove my Trailblazer into a tree! like....yeah...hello? I knew that WASN't a catch!!!!! the Cards were jobbed....just like the SABRES in the Stanley Cup......anyway......next year....Eli and the GMEN!
ny ghoul Friday 2/13/2009 at 10:26 PM | 35705
I'm a diehard Browns fan (do some writing for a couple big Browns tes) and I am also very unbiased, but when it comes to these referees, it's annoying to see them winning Super Bowls because of this shit.

But it happens, I guess.
KeeterZ Friday 2/13/2009 at 11:12 PM | 35722
I wasn't even going to bother and bring it up but nce its mentioned again...last week when the photos of the non catch were released i almost drove my Trailblazer into a tree! like....yeah...hello? I knew that WASN't a catch!!!!! the Cards were jobbed....just like the SABRES in the Stanley Cup......anyway......next year....Eli and the GMEN still mad over Hulls big toe in the crease eh?
Johnny Bisco Saturday 2/14/2009 at 10:37 AM | 35848
I've seen the picture that the haters are circulating to try to disprove the catch.

It's unfortunate for them that the aforementioned picture was taken AFTER this one:

gummi Saturday 2/14/2009 at 12:30 PM | 35853
thats an optical illuon bro....his left foot is clearly touching the turf but look where his right toes supposedly "touch" down....on the white line. Very very close but his right foot never touched. Still a spectacular catch and doesn't change the fact that the Steelers had 88 yeards to go with 2 mins and the Cards couldn't do shit. Thats why their defenve coordinator is playing golf right now.
ny ghoul Saturday 2/14/2009 at 04:18 PM | 35862
It's actually a little known fact that Holmes is an accomplished amateur illuonist.

In fact, he studied under David Copperfield for several years when he was young.I think it's pretty obvious that we're all just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Hopefully number seven will be a little less controveral.

;)
gummi Saturday 2/14/2009 at 10:32 PM | 35902
No man....Copperfield was in the crowd and HE pulled off that illuon....damn Steelers fan that Copperfield. Yeah I think we can all agree to disagree....again if the Cards played proper D it wouldnt and shouldn't have come down to that. Cheers to Big Ben who got the job done after having the worst SuperBowl QB rating. Until next year the Steel Curtain reigns supreme!
ny ghoul Sunday 2/15/2009 at 04:03 AM | 35932
Yes the Steelers win their 6th Super Bowl! Yeah!

One of the best Football games of my life. A bunch of comebacks.
PokeMaster619 Sunday 2/22/2009 at 07:13 AM | 36974